| "20,000 Digi-Leagues Under the Sea" |
(Sabumarimon Kaitei kara no Dasshutsu)
"Sabmarimon's Escape from the Bottom of the Sea"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) June 23, 2000|
(En:) November 4, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Hiro Masaki|
(En:) Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Takenori Kawada|
| Chief Anim.|
The group become trapped under an offshore oil platform, and all hope for a swift rescue lies with Cody as he's sent off in the only escape pod.
Searching for a new Digi-Egg MegaSeadramon traps the kids under an oil platform under the sea. Forced to secure the area to stop the area from flooding, they have a small air supply. The kids choose Cody to go for help in an emergency pod, knowing he needed to face his fear of water. Cody goes get Joe in the real world but has to lie to get him out of class. Meanwhile in the oil platform, the other kids find the Digi-Egg of Reliability and tells Cody to take it when comes to the rescue. Cody hesitates because he doesn’t think he is reliable. But Joe explains to him why he is. He takes it and Armadillomon armor digivolves to Submarimon and with Ikkakumon, they defeat MegaSeadramon.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
|Ikkakumon: "He's an Ultimate level Digimon, who destroys his enemies with his Lightning Javelin and Mega Ice Blast attacks."|
|Submarimon: "I am Submarimon. I digivolved using the Digi-Egg of Reliability. My Oxygen Torpedo attack makes my enemies truly seasick."|
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
"Well, this doesn't look like a dream. It sure looks real to me. What the heck is it?"
- - Patamon discovers a submarine after Cody tells the group about his nightmares.
Davis: "That's right! One for all and all for me!"
T.K.: "I don't think that's how it goes."
- - Davis butchering an infamous motto to shift the odds in his favor.
"Hi! This is Joe. Sorry I can't answer my cell phone right now, but I had to turn it off so it wouldn't ring during my biology test. I'm pretty good at biology, so I'll turn it back on real soon... Unless the test is on molecular biology. Oh, I have to go study. Bye."
- - Same old Joe.
"For once in your life, get off the computer and answer the phone."
- - Joe, trying to get a hold of Izzy on his cell.
Kari: "It's good to see you again. Have you lost weight?"
Whamon: "A couple of pounds."
- —Kari greets Whamon again after 4 years.
"It's MegaSeadramon, my old foe! I have faced him once before in Tokyo, but I don't think I can defeat him unless I digivolve to Zudomon!"
- -Ikkakumon remembers his last battle with MegaSeadramon but knows that he can't win again without the power to Digivolve to Ultimate.
"Armadillomon armor digivolve to...Submarimon, Guardian of the Seas!"
- - Armadillomon digivolves using the Digi-Egg of Reliability.
- When Kari stops T.K. talking, her hand appears uncovered by her glove for a brief moment.
- When the kids look at their tired Digimon, Hawkmon's legs are colored red instead of yellow.
- Before Armadillomon walks off during Hawkmon's speech, the gold sections on his left paw and on the knee of his right hind leg are yellow.
- When the group fall down, the white tips at the end of Yolei's shoes are missing.
- Before the group turn around to see the escape pod, the front of Hawkmon's torso is colored white instead of red.
- When Armadillomon suggests playing a game, the section of armor on the knee of his left hind leg is missing.
- When the kids uncover the Digi-Egg of Reliability, and their reactions to the discovery are shown, the Digi-Egg appears to be floating off the ground. Also, in the same shot, part of Gatomon's left ear is miscolored.
- When the group laugh after finding the Digi-Egg, the white tips at the end of Davis' shoes are colored orange.
- When Yolei adjustes her glasses, her glove is missing.
- Before MegaSeadramon hits Ikkakumon with his tail a second time, Ikkakumon's back paws are colored white instead of brown.
- In a back shot of the group inside Whamon's mouth, the white tips on Yolei's shoes appear to be missing.
- In the Japanese version, when Joe warns Cody that the Digi-Egg will be lost forever, his mouth is not moving.
- Before Submarimon and Ikkakumon charge towards MegaSeadramon, the white line on Submarimon's under armor is colored purple.
- When Wormmon asks the Digimon Emperor what is he doing, the stripe on his tail is colored violet instead of black.
- In the Japanese version, Cody did not have a fear of water. Instead, he was blaming himself for leading his friends down under the oil platform.
- MegaSeadramon's English dub voice is Doug Erholtz, the same as that of MetalSeadramon in Digimon Adventure.
- Ikkakumon mentions he once defeated MegaSeadramon in Tokyo. This was in the Digimon Adventure episode City Under Siege.
- The title of the episode is an obvious reference to the Jules Verne novel Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.
- Submarimon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- Just like the Digi-Egg of Reliability, Joe's Crest of Reliability activated during a battle with MegaSeadramon, back in the Digimon Adventure episode City Under Siege helping Ikkakumon to Digivolve to Zudomon and defeat MegaSeadramon.
- The Digimon that Davis imagines as Armadillomon's new Armor digivolution looks surprisingly similar to Armadillomon's Champion level, Ankylomon.