Agumon is a Reptile Digimon. It has grown up and become able to walk on two legs, and has an appearance like a tiny dinosaur. Because it is still on the way to adulthood, its power is low, but as its personality is quite ferocious, it doesn't understand fear. It has grown hard, sharp claws on both its hands and feet, and demonstrates its power in battle. It is also a being that foretells Digivolution to a great and powerful Digimon.
- Pepper Breath (Baby Flame): Spits flame breath from its mouth to attack the opponent.
- Claw Attack (するどいツメ Surudoi Tsume?, lit. "Sharp Claw"): Attacks with claws.
- Spirit Fire (Spitfire): Shoots a small blast of fire from its mouth.
- Cross Fire (Cross Fight): Gathers power and then either bites foe and slashes them with claws.
- Battle Hawk
- Triple Bird Flame (Triple Baby Flame): Performs "Pepper Breath" alongside two other Agumon, fusing the three flames into a gigantic fireball.
Attacks in Digimon Rumble Arena 2
- Claw Uppercut (Uppercut)
- Claw Attack (Mach Jab)
Attacks in Digimon World Re:Digitize
- Fire Breath
- Mach Jab
Agumon is a short and stout Tyrannosaurus rex-like Digimon standing about 3 feet tall, and has amber orange skin and light green eyes. It also has flattened forearms with broad, three-clawed hands, though early artwork for the Digimon virtual pet depicted its hands with four claws, and distinct pectoral muscles. Its legs and arms are shown to be very vascular. Its tail is stubby, and its head and snout are almost as large as the rest of its body.
- Agumon (アグモン)
Official romanization given by Digimon Adventure and used in the franchise.
- (Ja:) Aguagu (あぐあぐ?), the onomatopoeia for biting
Digimon Adventure (Movie)
Digimon Adventure: Anode/Cathode Tamer
Digimon Adventure (PSP)
Digimon Adventure 02
Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers
Digimon Adventure 02: D-1 Tamers
Agumon is one of the Digimon Ryo Akiyama begins the game with, a reference to Anode/Cathode Tamer, where Agumon is the first Digimon he gets there.
An Agumon toy appears in Takato's dream when he wants to fight with Guilmon. A basic sketch of Agumon is in a picture frame with two of the Monster Makers, who created the basic idea for and studied Digimon in this series.
Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer
The Agumon card, titled "PF HP Plus III", is a Rank 2 card which increases a Digimon's Max HP by 120 when equipped.
Digimon Tamers: Digimon Medley
Digimon Battle Spirit
Digimon Tamers: Battle Spirit Ver 1.5
Digimon Rumble Arena
Digimon Data Squad
Several Agumon are seen in a flashback to the massacre in the Digital World.
Digimon Adventure tri.
Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01
Many Agumon are being trained by Leo at MagnaAngemon's castle on Taichi's and Zeromaru's first visit. These Agumon then digivolve into Champions and are sent across the Digital World to protect cities, three of which become Greymon, Meramon, and Centarumon to protect Hospitown.
Two Agumon are among the young Digimon in Star City who want to shake Taichi and Zero's hands.
Digital Monster D-Project
Several Agumon work for Ogremon as members of the "Bandits" that the Protagonist has to defeat. After the Protagonist clears the Ogre Base the first time, the gang of Agumon decrease to two, and finally separate from their boss when it quits its profession to patrol the city.
Agumon digivolves from Koromon, and can digivolve into Greymon, Meramon, Birdramon, Centarumon, Monochromon, or Tyrannomon depending on its stats. As with other Rookie digimon, it can also digivolve into Numemon when it doesn't meet the stat requirements of other Champion level Digimon. It can also digivolve to Sukamon if it's Virus bar is completely filled.
Digimon World 2
Agumon digivolves into Greymon, then MetalGreymon and finally WarGreymon or Omnimon depending on its DP. Agumon is one of the only rookies that are not seen in any domains. In order to obtain one, you must have to DNA Digivolve two Greymon together. Its technique is "Pepper Breath", that spend 8 MP. It's a single-attack.
Digimon World 3
When Junior plays "hide" with Veemon, there are two Agumon to fool him.
Agumon is a red Rookie Digimon card with 5/3. In the PAL/Japanese versions, Agumon appears in various colors.
Digimon World 4
Agumon can digivolve to WarGreymon after completing "Undead Yard".
Digimon Digital Card Battle
Agumon is the first opponent of the first Beginner City's Battle Arena. He uses the "Tri-Color Starter" Deck.
The Agumon card is #027 and is a Rookie level Fire-type card with 570 HP, and worth 20 DP in the DP Slot. Its attacks are:
- "Pepper Breath": inflicts 380 damage.
- "Spirit Fire": inflicts 200 damage.
- "Cross Fire": inflicts 120 damage, and sets the opponent's attack to 0.
Its support effect is "Boost own Attack Power +300."
Digimon World Re:Digitize
Digimon World Re:Digitize (manga)
Digimon World Re:Digitize: Encode
An Agumon is among the sillhouetted Digimon in the page that explains what Digimon are.
Digimon World Re:Digitize: Decode
Digimon World Championship
Digimon Rumble Arena 2
Digimon Story: Lost Evolution
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Agumon can digivolve from Koromon and can digivolve to Greymon. Agumon can be found in Square World North. Agumon can digivolve to Tyranomon then MetalTyranomon and final BlackWarGreymon by Card evolution.
Notes and references
- ↑ 2000 Bandai D-Terminal English toy
- ↑ Digimon Adventure, "And so it begins..." 
- ↑ Digimon Adventure, "The Birth of Greymon" 
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01, "Potential for the Future!" 
- ↑ Digimon Fusion, "Final Fusion - The Fight For Earth!" 
- ↑ Digimon Encyclopedia: Voice Actors: Adventure Character List
- ↑ Digimon Masters
- ↑ Digimon Fusion, "Meltdown in the Magma Zone!" 
- ↑ Digimon Life: Agumon
- ↑ This attack is named "Pepper Flame" in the first part of Digimon: The Movie, which is the dubbed version of the Digimon Adventure movie, and "Baby Frame" in Digimon Adventure: Anode/Cathode Tamer.
- ↑ This attack is named "Claw Attack" in Digimon Rumble Arena.
- ↑ "Battle Hawk" is the name of the axe wielded on Bo-1dw.