Andromon is an Android Digimon whose name and design are derived from the Android. It possesses a fighting strength which can fell a Digimon below Ultimate in a single blow. It was developed as a prototype for Cyborg Digimon, and the mechanically-based Andromon was manufactured at the same time as the organically-based cyborg Boltmon. Its technology was also appropriated for MetalGreymon and Megadramon. As a prototype Digimon it possesses neither will nor emotion, so it is faithful to its programmed behavior. It was upgraded with a program based on the data acquired from the Andromon of File Island, and the strength of that program varies.
Digimon Adventure: Anode/Cathode Tamer
Andromon is a Variable dealing damage to one enemy.
Digimon Adventure (PSP game)
Digimon Adventure 02
Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers
Andromon digivolves from a line 43 Tankmon.
Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer
Andromon is also a regular enemy in Dark Takato's Crevasse.
The Andromon card, titled "PF Critical III", is a Rank 4 card which gives a chance of dealing increases damage in battle when equipped.
Digital Monster X-Evolution
Digimon Xros Wars (manga)
Andromon digivolves from Meramon, Centarumon, Ogremon, Leomon or Angemon. A wild Andromon maintains Factorial Town and is oblivious to a Giromon saboteur, who is ruining the network. Once the Protagonist defeats Giromon, Andromon apologizes and begins retrieving the sabotaged data. He occasionally appears in File City and compliments the look of it.
Digimon World 2
Digimon World 3
It is also available as a Brown Ultimate Card with 31/29.
Digimon Digital Card Battle
The Andromon card is #116 and is an Ultimate level Darkness-type card with 1700 HP, needing 40 DP to digivolve into, and worth 10 DP in the DP Slot. Its attacks are:
- "Lightning Blade": inflicts 690 damage.
- "Gatling Missiles": inflicts 590 damage.
- "Weak Slap": inflicts 150 damage, and attacks first.
Its support effect is "Own HP are halved. Boost own Attack Power +400."
Some Andromon also serve in Fusion Card Shop in certain Battle City.
Digimon World DS
Digimon World Dawn/Dusk
Andromon is #199, and is an Ultimate-level, Attacker-class, Machine-species Digimon with a resistance to the Steel element and weakness to the Water element. Its basic stats are 215 HP, 225 MP, 131 Attack, 123 Defense, 75 Spirit, 99 Speed, and 50 Aptitude. It possesses the Sniper 3, Protect 4, and Critical 3 traits.
It dwells in the Chaos Brain.
Andromon Digivolves From Guardromon at Level 31, and can further digivolve to HiAndromon at Level 41.
- Lightning Blade (Spiral Sword): Fires a blade of energy from its arm module.
- Gatling Attack (Gatling Missile): Fires two smart homing missiles from its chest, chasing enemies, which also contain machine guns.
Notes and references
- ↑ Digimon Tamers, "Kazu's Upgrade" 
- ↑ Digimon World DS Digimon Gallery: HiAndromon: "The completed form of the incomplete Andromon."
- ↑ Digimon Encyclopedia: Voice Actors: Digimon Adventure Character List
- ↑ Digimon Encyclopedia: Voice Actors: Digimon Tamers Character List
- ↑ Digimon Reference Book: Andromon