| "Arukenimon's Tangled Web" |
(Arukenimon Kumojo no Miss)
"Arachnemon, Miss of the Spider Woman"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) October 22, 2000|
(En:) February 10, 2001
|Written by|| (Ja:) Hiro Masaki|
(En:) Rebecca Forstadt, Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Hiroki Shibata|
| Chief Anim.|
The DigiDestined find themselves fighting against their own Digimon, due to Arukenimon's sinister spell. The only way out of this fiendish situation is to outwit this mysterious mastermind!
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
Davis: "Hey, lady, don't you know any other tunes?"
ExVeemon: "I can't stand it! Doesn't she know another song?"
- —Davis and ExVeemon share the same frustration with Arukenimon's music.
Davis: "Help us!"
ExVeemon: "Help you?! Who's going to help me?! Sorry Davis, but I'm a little tied-up at the moment!!"
- —Davis and ExVeemon are both in a tight spot.
"I wondered why Matt's band sounded so good lately. Matt said it was because he was such a great musician! Wait 'til I tell him I know his secret weapon is Yolei!"
- —T.K. gains leverage over his brother.
Yolei: "We'll delete the section that we don't need, and then we'll save the part that's left as a sound file. We'll copy and paste the original onto multiple tracks and use special effects to distort the sound bites. All you do is press play."
Kari: "Um, I have no idea what you're talking about."
- —Yolei and Kari unknowingly mimick the actions of Izzy and Tai in the old days.
"Why do I have a sudden urge to sit on a tuffet eating curds and whey?"
- —Good question, Stingmon... gooood question.
"Some eau de la bug spray, madame?"
- —Digmon giving Arukenimon the salon treatment from Hell.
"Just think of me as a well wrapped present."
- —Mummymon before revealing his true form.
- Right before Cody calls out to Digmon to tell him to stop attacking ExVeemon, he blinks four times. During the first blink, his eyes vanish completely.
- In the shot where ExVeemon puts Davis, Cody and Ken down before dedigivolving, He is much bigger in comparison to them than normal.
- The Japanese title of the episode is a play on the Argentinian novel El beso de la Mujer Araña (Esp: Kiss of the Spider Woman).
- The English title of the episode is a play on the Walter Scott's poem Marmion: "Oh! what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!"
- In the English dub, Arukenimon's Digimon Analyzer references Mary Howitt's poem The Spider and the Fly: "'Will you walk into my parlour?' said the Spider to the Fly."
- Arukenimon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.