| BlackWarGreymon's Destiny |
(BlackWarGreymon no Fūin)
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) March 4, 2001|
(En:) May 12, 2001
|Written by|| (Ja:) Genki Yoshimura|
(En:) Rebecca Forstadt
|Directed by||(Ja:) Takenori Kawada|
| Chief Anim.|
The group continues to keep an eye on the spore-infected children, while Cody's grandfather stumbles upon Armadillomon, only to reveal some shocking secrets of his own.
While the DigiDestined continue their efforts to try and get through to the children infected with Dark Spores, Arukenimon is informing Oikawa that one of the spores is ready to be harvested early. The child with that spore, Noriko, is being followed by Ken, Davis, Wormon and Veemon. As they attempt to reason with her once again, she falls into great pain and the dark spore emerges from her head like a red flower. As it blossoms, Oikawa appears. As he harvests the flower, Arukenimon and Mummymon hold off the DigiDestined from stopping him. When Oikawa take the flower, Noriko collapses, and Oikawa glows. BlackWarGreymon appears determined to defeat him once and for all, somewhat continuing their conversation from Duel of the WarGreymon. Cody's Grandfather even appears and tries to reason with Oikawa, reminding him of Hiroki. It almost works but the power infecting Oikawa from the dark spore is too powerful and he tries to destroy Cody's Grandfather. BlackWarGreymon takes the hit instead and is mortally wounded, and uses the last of his power to seal off the Digi-Gate in Highton View Terrace for good as Oikawa and his cronies escape.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
Oikawa: "If there was only some way I could show you the virtual beings I created. You'd understand what I'm about to accomplish. I made digital copies of my own DNA. The copies were computer generated into solid images of my own genetic essence."
Arukenimon's Voice: "Well, you'll never win a beauty contest."
Mummymon's Voice: "But after all, it's what's inside that counts. And that's not much."
Oikawa: "What are you trying to tell me?"
Both: "You're horrid and empty, so get over it."
Oikawa: "You're baiting me, now stop it!"
Arukenimon's Voice: "What's the matter, afraid to face the truth?"
Mummymon's Voice: "We represent the essence of your ugliness."
Both: "We're living your nightmare!"
BlackWarGreymon's Voice: "You are just a foreign object."
Oikawa: "You're wrong!!"
- ―Oikawa is really starting to lose it.
Mummymon: "I can't help but remember that conversation with BlackWarGreymon. He is a Digimon and Oikawa is a human and what do we suppose to be? Job Lifters? Virtual Viruses? Horror film Wannabes? I'm telling you my dear this is giving me a vast feeling of inferiority.."
Arukenimon: "Did I mention you're eerily pathetic when you whine? We'll get to the bottom of it. In the meantime quit your harping. You're exasperating me.."
- —Arukennimon and Mummymon's last heart to heart talk moment.
BlackWarGreymon: "He must not be allowed into the Digital World ever again!"
WarGreymon: "What do you mean, 'again'?"
- ―BlackWarGreymon hints that a greater evil is dwelling within Oikawa.
"My strength is my final gift to you, my friends. I will seal the Highton View Terrace gate with my own body."
- ―In the end, BlackWarGreymon does something noble.
T.K.: "He always wanted to do something meaningful with his life."
Cody: "I'd say this definitely qualifies."
WarGreymon: "BlackWarGreymon... BlackWarGreymon! BLACKWARGREYMON!!!"
- —The group is taken aback by BlackWarGreymon's sacrifice.
"Thank you, BlackWarGreymon. You're a true friend and I'll never forget you."
- —Agumon thanking BlackWarGreymon as a true friend.
- In the English dub, after BlackWarGreymon has sealed the main gate and his silhouette is shown in the Digital World, Agumon can be heard talking despite being in the real world and being WarGreymon at the time.
- Oikawa's flashbacks originally had no speaking.
- In the original Japanese episode, Oikawa hits Cody to keep him away from Noriko.
- The episode originally had the narrator speaking at the end.
- An image of File Island is shown during a flashback of Cody's father playing a video game.
- Cody announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.