Chrome Digizoid (クロンデジゾイド Kuron Dejizoido?) is a Digital World metal refined from Chrondigizoit Metal (クロンデジゾイトメタル Kurondejizoito Metaru?), itself derived from the special Huanglong Ore (ファンロン鉱 Fanron-kou?).
Huanglong Ore is an incredibly scarce virtual ore that can only be found underground. It can only be scratched by other Huanglong Ore, and so it cannot be compared with other minerals and metals, and its absolute hardness is impossible to measure. Despite this, it also has profound weight, so it is not suitable for things like weapons or armor. Although living things can unify with Huanglong Ore, it takes even more years than those since the age of myth, and so Fanglongmon is the only Digimon that has currently been discovered to have unified with it. However, Groundramon, which prefers to inhabit veins of the rare ore, has been found to have elements of Huanglong Ore comprising the scales covering its body.
Chrondigizoit Metal resolves these weaknesses, and is said to be a more excellent rare metal. The formal name of the Chrondigizoit Metal used by Metal-species Digimon is "Chrondigizoit Hybrid Organism alloy", and is abbreviated as "CHO-alloy". Chrondigizoit alloy is an intermediate material between Chrondigizoit Metal and living tissue, so it is able to integrate with living tissue, and it possesses both the super-hard firmness of Chrondigizoit, as well as the smoothness of living tissue; armor made from Chrondigizoit will deflect any attack.
The virtual super-metal Chrome Digizoid refined from Chrondigizoit is the strongest metal in the Digital World, and is vulnerable only to the strongest of attacks and other objects made from Chrome Digizoid. As such, it is frequently used as a base of comparison for hardness, with lower-purity Chrome Digizoid being slightly softer. Chrome Digizoid mines are often surrounded by a solid layer of bedrock, so the Digimon who work in them, like LoaderLiomon, must boast both power and stamina, as well as top-class performance. Many Digimon, especially Metal-species Digimon, incorporate Chrome Digizoid into their weapons or armor, and it can even be grafted directly to the user's body. The Digi-Egg of Miracles is also made of Chrome Digizoid. Despite being a metal, it is flexible enough to be used for constructing wings. Certain beings also attained sentience due to their Chrome Digizoid composition. While the basic form of Chrome Digizoid is quite strong on its own, it is possible to refine it into five chromatic variations with unique abilities. These refined alloys can then be hybridized into even more powerful forms.
Black Digizoid (ブラックデジゾイド Burakku Dejizoido?) is an alloy of Chrome Digizoid with unclear properties. The only known user of Black Digizoid is Craniamon, whose Black Digizoid armor allows it to generate its weapon and shield by accessing the data of its armor.
Gold Digizoid (ゴールドデジゾイド Gōrudo Dejizoido?) is an alloy of Chrome Digizoid that shines with a divine, golden radiance, and renders the user completely invulnerable. It also allows the user to attain high defensive and offensive power without losing speed.
List of Digimon who use Huanglong Ore
List of Digimon who use Chrondigizoit
List of Digimon who use Chrome Digizoid
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Digimon Life: Huanglongmon
- ↑ Digimon Dictionary: Groundramon
- ↑ Digimon Dictionary: MetalSeadramon
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Digimon Reference Book: Crossmon
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Digimon Reference Book: Chaosdramon
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Digimon Reference Book: BlackMegaloGrowmon
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Digimon Reference Book: MegaloGrowmon
- ↑ Digimon Reference Book: AncientBeatmon
- ↑ Digimon Accel: Nature Genome: Andiramon
- ↑ Digimon Reference Book: Cerberumon
- ↑ Digimon Dictionary: LoaderLiomon
- ↑ Digimon Dictionary: MetalEtemon
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Digimon Chronicle 3.0: Magnamon X (Internet Wayback Machine Archive)
- ↑ Digimon Reference Book: Magnamon
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Digimon Dictionary: Examon
- ↑ Digimon Dictionary: Ravemon
- ↑ Digimon Dictionary: HiAndromon
- ↑ Digimon Pendulum X: Dukemon X (Internet Wayback Machine Archive)
- ↑ Digivice Burst: Craniummon (Internet Wayback Machine Archive)
- ↑ Digimon Accel: Nature Genome: UlforceV-dramon
- ↑ Digimon Dictionary: Neptunemon
- ↑ Digimon Dictionary: Shoutmon DX
- ↑ Digimon Dictionary: KaiserLeomon
- ↑ Digimon Dictionary: Sleipmon
- ↑ Digimon Next character bios (Volume 3)
- ↑ MetalSeadramon: "What was that, a love tap? I'm made of Chrondigizoit too, you know. You can't hurt me that easily."
- ↑ Digimon World DS
- ↑ Digimon Reference Book: Dynasmon
- ↑ Digimon Reference Book: Dukemon
- ↑ Digimon Adventure 02: Armor Evolution to the Unknown, "Sudden Armor Evolution"
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 31.2 Digimon Web Digimon Pendulum X 2: Dukemon