BurningGreymon is a Dark Dragon Digimon and an Ultimate-class Hybrid Digimon. It possesses power over Flame which bears the might of AncientGreymon. This firefighter has skin that can withstand high temperatures and the ability to move even through lava, and snuffs out flames with instant, explosive blazes. It is said that it was born from active volcano research data, and it is thought that it contains an immeasurable, unknown energy. The name of the fire dragon, Vritra, who is considered the nemesis of the thunder god Indra of Indian mythology, is embodied in its ferocious nature. The more heroic its tactics and the more powerful the opponent is, the more it burns with combativeness. It also has a reckless side that doesn't understand retreating, even in a disadvantageous fight. It wields the "Rudriya Darpaṇa" (रुद्रियदर्पण "rudriya darpaNa"?, lit. "Terrifying Mirror") superweapons on both of its arms, and possesses the Fire Wings and Heat Claws.
- Pyro Barrage (Corona Blaster): Fires lasers that rival a solar heat ray from the Rudriya Darpaṇa.
- Wildfire Tsunami (Flame Storm): Sets its whole body aflame, then releases a high-temperature tornado by flapping the Fire Wings.
BurningGreymon is a dragon Digimon with avian characteristics. Although it is a Beast Digimon, it normally stands upright like a human. Its head has a bird-like beak, albeit filled with razor-sharp teeth, blue, raptor eyes, and is almost entirely covered by silver helmet with crimson stripes, an emblem, and the Greymon-species horns. It has flaming, feathered wings and sharp claws on each of its limbs, and its muscular body is covered with crimson armor, inlaid with silver panels and gold etchings. Both of its forearms are equipped with triangular, golden superweapons called "Rudriya Darpaṇa", and its thick tail is armored.
- Vritramon (ヴリトラモン)
Official romanization given by the Digimon Reference Book and used through the series.
Name used in the American English dub of Digimon Frontier as well as many localized materials.
Digimon Battle Spirit 2
Digimon Rumble Arena 2
Agunimon can digivolve into BurningGreymon.
Notes and references
- ↑ BurningGreymon's Hybrid level is treated as equivalent to the Ultimate level in the Digital Monster Card Game and is equated to the Ultimate level in the Digital Monster Card Game α.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Digimon Frontier, "A Hunka Hunka BurningGreymon" 
- ↑ Digimon Rumble Arena 2
- ↑ Digimon Frontier, "Darkness Before the Dawn" 
- ↑ Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
- ↑ The Rudriya Darpaṇa is a superweapon detailed in the 1923 Sanskrit text, the Vaimānika Shāstra.
Internet Sacred Text Archive, retrieved 06/14/12; The Vymaanika-Shaastra, Ch. III: "Rowdree-darpana is a mirror or lens which liquefies everything that it flashes against. Paraankusha says that where Rudraanyosharaa and abhralinga come into contact, a fierce force called roudree comes into being. Mingling with solar rays it melts everything. 'Sammohana kriyaa kaanda' says: 'By the mixing of roudree and solar rays an evil force called maarikaa is generated, and impelled by the solar electricity, it destroys the enemy planes.'"
- ↑ Digimon Reference Book: Vritramon