| "Davis Cries Wolfmon" |
(Gōyū Shinka! Ekusubuimon)
"Brave Evolution! XV-mon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) September 3, 2000|
(En:) December 2, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Yoshio Urasawa|
(En:) Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Takenori Kawada|
| Chief Anim.|
While the rest of the group get on with rebuilding the Digital World, Davis has other plans, and hopes to catch Kari's attention by making Veemon digivolve to his Champion form.
Knowing they need to clean up after Ken messed up in the Digi-World they help Digimon rebuild it. They help out but suddenly Davis wants Veemon to normal digivolve like T.K., thinking Kari would like him more than T.K. He comes up with these crazy schemes to make him digivolve but when Tortomon chases them, Veemon finally digivolves into ExVeemon! He defeats Tortomon and they go back to work.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
"Not only am I the best soccer player in school, I'm the best basketball player, too!"
- —Davis is just...Davis.
"Today's entre will be Tuna Surprise. Unfortunately, we didn't have any tuna. That's the surprise!"
- —RedVegimon serves lunch to the Gazimon.
"Come on, Veemon! You're slower than the U.S. mail!"
- —Davis runs from an angry Veemon after he tries to scare his partner into digivolving.
T.K.: "Let me get this straight. Davis is trying to trick Veemon so he'll digivolve to the Champion level?"
Kari: "Why does he always have some hair-brained scheme he's trying to pull off?"
- —T.K. and Kari can't believe some of the things their leader comes up with.
Davis: "Of course, if Veemon would've digivolved to the Champion level in the first place, none of this would've happened?"
Veemon: "Again with the digivolving thing?"
- —Davis throws Veemon under the bus.
Veemon: "Davis, please tell me this is just another trick!"
Davis: "Do you think I'm smart enough to think up something like this?!"
Veemon: "Good point!"
- —Even Davis knows his limitations.
"Veemon digivolve to...ExVeemon!"
- —Veemon finally reaches his Champion form, ExVeemon.
- As Yolei and Cody run into the computer room, for a brief moment, Yolei's beret flashes the same color as her hair, then the same color as Upamon.
- As Yolei is opening the gate to the Digital World, her D-3 has no buttons and is extremely elongated.
- When Davis and Veemon are carrying a log, the Digimon helping them appear to be Vegiemon in one shot, then RedVegiemon in the next. Since Vegiemon do not feature anywhere else in this episode, it can probably be assumed that the error is in drawing RedVegiemon as Vegiemon (rather than vice-versa).
- When T.K. is talking to Kari in the paddies, Gatomon's paws are colored white.
- The reason Veemon becomes mad at Davis in the original is because Davis hits him on the head (as part of his next plan to make Veemon digivolve). This moment is removed from the English dub.
- In the original version, when Davis and Veemon run into Tortomon, they find him urinating, which is why he becomes angry with them. Following this, at the cliff-edge, Davis asks Tortomon to wash his hands before attacking them, making him even angrier. Then, after being defeated, Tortomon urinates again (explaining why Davis and ExVeemon cover their eyes), except this time, he does wash his hands.
- The episode title is a reference to the fable The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
- ExVeemon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- This episode is the first in the series to feature a digivolution to the Champion level with one of the new partner Digimon.
- This episode shows Veemon developing a crush on Gatomon due to Davis' influence.
- During the fight with Tortomon, ExVeemon shouts his attack, "ExVee-Punch!" and promptly throws a kick.
- Patamon said that Kari is a great dancer, because Gatomon taught her those moves, so he asked her if she could teach him.