| Digimon Adventure tri. |
|Original run:||November 21, 2015|
Digimon Adventure tri. (デジモンアドベンチャーｔｒｉ． Dejimon Adobenchā Torai?) is the seventh anime series in the Digimon franchise, consisting of a six-part theatrical feature, with the first part, titled "Reunion" (再会 Saikai?), shown on November 21, 2015. It is part of the Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary, and stars the eight DigiDestined from Digimon Adventure, with Taichi "Tai" Kamiya in his high school years. The director is Keitarō Motonaga, with Yuuko Kakihara on scripts, and Atsuya Uki for character design. It was originally slated for a spring 2015 release.
The second episode, "Determination" (決意 Ketsui?) premiered for three weeks in Japanese theaters March 12, 2016, and was released on DVD April 2, 2016. The third episode, "Confession" (告白 Kokuhaku?), premiered in Japanese theaters September 24, 2016. The fourth episode, "Loss" (喪失 Soushitsu?), premiered in Japanese theaters February 25, 2017. The fifth episode, "Symbiosis" (共生 Kyōsei?), will be released in 2017.
In the three years since the defeat of MaloMyotismon, the DigiDestined have all grown older and, though they remain friends, find it difficult to gather as an entire group. Taichi "Tai" Kamiya, now in his second year of high school, feels this disconnect keenly. A new threat arrives in the form of Infected Digimon who have the ability to rampage on Earth and leave wide swathes of destruction behind them, causing public sentiment to turn against Digimon in general. Tai struggles with the changing times and his own growing realization of the repercussions of his actions as time moves inexorably forward.
Ending Theme #4: Keep On
All voices actors are sourced to the ELEVEN ARTS website, unless stated otherwise.
Notes and references
- ↑ Otomedia, December 2014 issue. Translated at Bokutachi no Digital World.
- ↑ デジモンアドベンチャー新シリーズ公式 (@Digi_advntr15th). "３つのデジタマから３つの新情報、解禁！ ▽タイトル デジモンアドベンチャー tri.(トライ) ▽キャラクターデザイン：宇木敦哉 シリーズ構成：柿原優子 監督：元永慶太郎▽キービジュアル http://digimon-adventure.net/" 4:20 AM 2014-12-13 Tweet.
- ↑ For all “DigiDestined” in the world ver. DIGIMON ADVENTURE 15th Anniversary Project by Toei Animation YouTube (2014-08-03).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 2: "Determination" three week limited screening announcement PV YouTube (2016-01-15)
- ↑ Amazon.co.jp: "【Amazon.co.jp限定】デジモンアドベンチャー tri. 第2章「決意」(オリジナル描き下ろしB2布ポスター付き) [DVD]"
- ↑ Acturius: Atori Shigematsu's profile
|Digimon Adventure tri.|
|Main characters:||Taichi "Tai" Kamiya | Yamato "Matt" Ishida | Sora Takenouchi | Koushiro "Izzy" Izumi | Mimi Tachikawa | Joe Kido | Takeru "T.K." Takaishi | Kari Kamiya | Meiko Mochizuki|
|Digimon:||Agumon | Gabumon | Biyomon | Tentomon | Palmon | Gomamon | Patamon | Gatomon | Meicoomon|
|Antagonists:||Alphamon | Mysterious Man and Imperialdramon | King Drasil | Dark Masters|
|Other characters:||Daigo Nishijima and LoaderLiomon | Maki Himekawa and Tapirmon | Hackmon | Leomon | Ogremon | Homeostasis | Original DigiDestined and Harmonious Ones | Other characters|
|See also:||Digimon | Digital World | Digital Dimension | Quantum sea | Digivice | D-3 | D-Terminal | Backup field | Infected Digimon | Incorporated Administrative Agency | List of episodes|