| Digimon Battle Spirit 2|
Battle Spirit: Digimon Frontier)
|Release date(s)|| (JP:) December 7, 2002 (SWC)|
(NA:) September 24, 2003 (GBA)
(EU:) August 27, 2004 (GBA)
|Mode(s)||Single Player, Multiplayer|
|Rating(s)|| ESRB: E|
|Platform(s)||SwanCrystal, Game Boy Advance|
Digimon Battle Spirit 2 (バトルスピリット デジモンフロンティア Batorusupiritto Dejimon Furontia?, lit. "Battle Spirit: Digimon Frontier") is a game for SwanCrystal released in 2002 and ported for international release for the Game Boy Advance in 2003.
The plot of Digimon Battle Spirit 2 echoes that of its source series, Digimon Frontier; several children receive messages on their cell phones asking them if they want their lives to change. Some answer yes, some answer no, and five who answer yes are summoned to the Digital World where they receive the ability to become Digimon and fight to end Kerpymon's reign of terror.
The game is one-on-one fighting game, where one Digimon fights another. Unlike most fighting games, the winner is not determined by having the most health but who attains the most "Digisouls", which are released whenever a character strikes their opponent. By repeatedly striking an enemy, the player is able to fill the gauge at the top of the screen, which allows the character to slide evolve. Slide Evolution allows the character to transform into their Beast form during certain attains for increases damage. Yellow diamonds are released during particularly strong attacks, and after attaining five of those, the player can transform into their Ancient form for a power, cinematic attack.
During the story mode, after fighting through all of their allies, the character can face Kerpymon. Kerpymon's battle is different from the rest, as the player must defeat Kerpymon within the time limit. The amount of life Kerpymon has is unseen, though his attacks were grow more fierce as he takes more damage. On the other hand, the player begins with eight Digisouls and loses them as they are attacked. Though they can be recovered, if Kerpymon takes the Digisoul once lose, it is lost permanently. Once Kerpymon is defeated, he reverts to a purified Digi-Egg.
Digimon Battle Spirit 2 also contains a minigame titled "Digimon Shoot" (デジモンシュート Dejimonshuuto?), which simulates a marble game. Choose a character as a marble, the goal is to knock all of the opponents out of the playing field without being knocked out in turn.
- Starting Playable Characters
- Agunimon uses flame attacks. His Beast Spirit is BurningGreymon, and his Ancient form is AncientGreymon. His home stage is the Pipe Town.
- Lobomon uses light attacks. His Beast Spirit is KendoGarurumon, and his Ancient form is AncientGarurumon. His home stage is the Factory
- Beetlemon uses thunder attacks. His Beast Spirit is MetalKabuterimon, and his Ancient form is AncientBeetlemon. His home stage is the Rock Dome.
- Kazemon uses wind attacks. Her Beast Spirit is Zephyrmon, and her Ancient form is AncientKazemon. Her home stage is the Breezy Plains.
- Kumamon uses ice attacks. His Beast Spirit is Korikakumon, and his Ancient form is AncientMegatheriummon. His home stage is the Ice Park.
- Hidden Playable Characters
- Loweemon uses dark attacks. His Beast Spirit is JagerLoweemon, and his Ancient form is AncientSphinxmon.
- ExAgunimon is a bright red version of Agunimon. He uses fireball attacks. His Beast Spirit is EmperorGreymon, and his Ancient form is Susanoomon.
- ExLobomon is a bright blue version of Lobomon. His Beast Spirit is MagnaGarurumon, and his Ancient form is Susanoomon. His home stage is the Terminal.
- Enemy Characters
- Kerpymon is the final boss, specializing in dark energy balls and lightning attacks.
- Stage Characters
- Trailmon (Worm)
|Main characters:||Takuya Kanbara | Koji Minamoto | J.P. Shibayama | Tommy Himi | Zoe Orimoto | Koichi Kimura|
|Other characters:||Bokomon | Neemon | Celestial Digimon | Gotsumon | Sorcermon | Ten Legendary Warriors | Katsuharu, Teppei, Chiaki, Teruo, and Angemon | Other characters|
|Villains:||Grumblemon | Ranamon | Arbormon | Mercurymon | Duskmon | Cherubimon | Royal Knights | Lucemon | Murmukusmon and Ornismon|
|Warriors:||Darkness | Earth | Flame | Ice | Light | Steel | Thunder | Water | Wind | Wood|
|Other media:||Island of Lost Digimon | Things That Want To Be Told | Digimon Battle Spirit 2|
|Relationships:||Takuya Kanbara | Koji Minamoto | J.P. Shibayama | Tommy Himi | Zoe Orimoto | Koichi Kimura|
|See also:||Digimon | Digital World | DigiDestined | D-Tector | Fractal Code | Holy Ring | Digi-Egg | List of episodes|