| Digimon Next
| デジモン ネクスト|
|Original run:||December 17, 2005 - February 2008|
Digimon Next is the second Digimon manga to be printed in the pages of V-Jump magazine, starting on December 17, 2005. The main character is Tsurugi Tatsuno, a fifth grader well known for his prowess in raising strong Digimon in his Digimon Mini. He is partnered with a Greymon.
Tsurugi Tatsuno is a boy who raises Digimon in his Digimon Mini and is introduced to Net Battle, a virtual world where players' Digimon can fight each other. When a Kuwagamon appears in the Real World, his Greymon comes to life and protects him. Tsurugi is summoned to the Digital Worldby Piximon to save it from the Demon Lord Barbamon. Since his Digimon has a hexagon shape on him, it's an Illegal (変異種 Hen'ishuu?, lit. "Illegal Species") type, meaning that Digimon bearing such symbols can help save the Digital World. Gaining friends and enemies along the way, Tsurugi and his partner attempt to save the Digital World before Barbamon and his Commandments can obtain all the DigiMemories and take over both worlds.
| Tsurugi Tatsuno|
Tsurugi Tatsuno (龍野 ツルギ Tatsuno Tsurugi?)
|A hot-headed elementary school student originally partnered with a Greymon, who later degenerates into an Agumon and holds the Dragon DigiMemory.|
| Yu Inui|
Yū Inui (乾 ユウ Inui Yū?)
|A sickly boy who is drawn into the Digital World through his home computer. He is partnered with Gaomon, who holds the Beast DigiMemory.|
| Ami Kitajima|
(北島 アミ Kitajima Ami?)
|Tsurugi's friend more interested in raising Digimon than battling them. She is partnered with Pichimon, who holds the Aquan DigiMemory.|
| Sho Kahara|
Shō Kahara (華原 ショウ Kahara Shō?)
|Shou was at one point Tsurugi's friend, though their paths have diverged in the present. He now fights at Barbamon's side as Knight. He is partnered to Peckmon, who holds the Bird DigiMemory.|
Barbamon is a member of the Seven Great Demon Lords, the source of all the chaos in the Digital World, as well as the holder of the Dark DigiMemory. Seeking to gather all of the DigiMemories to create NEO, he has hijacked the Host Computer Yggdrasill in the System World and has his Commandments wreak havoc all through the world.
NEO's completion is Barbamon's goal, requiring all eight DigiMemories to complete. He is an existence that surpasses Digimon and even Yggdrasill.
- The Dark DigiMemory, symbolized as a dark skull, is owned by Barbamon and added to NEO after Barbamon's defeat. It is used to form NEO's body.
- The Bird DigiMemory, symbolized as a bird, is owned by Peckmon until it is stolen by Barbamon. It is used to form NEO's wings.
- The Holy DigiMemory, symbolized as a cross, is owned by Piximon until it is stolen by the Commandments. It is used to form NEO's hair.
- The Dragon DigiMemory, symbolized as a dragon, is owned by Agumon until NEO takes it from him. It is used to form NEO's right arm.
- The Beast DigiMemory, symbolized as a wolf head, is owned by Gaomon until NEO takes it from him. It is used to form NEO's feet.
- The Insect-Plant DigiMemory, symbolized as a beetle horn, is owned by MegaKabuterimon until Shou Kahara and Peckmon take it from him. It is used to form NEO's shoulders.
- The Aquan DigiMemory, symbolized as a dolphin, is owned by Pichimon until Pichimon is taken from her and forcibly merged with NEO, DigiMemory included. It is used to form NEO's antennae.
- The Machine DigiMemory, symbolized as cogs, is owned by Andromon until it is stolen by the Commandments. It is used to form NEO's left arm.
Notes and ReferencesEdit
|Main Characters:||Tsurugi Tatsuno | Yu Inui | Ami Kitajima | Sho Kahara|
|Partner Digimon:||Agumon | Gaomon | Pichimon | Peckmon|
|Allies:||Piximon | Trailmon (C-89 Model) | Norn|
|Villains:||Barbamon | Commandments | Knight and Peckmon | NEO|
|See also:||Digimon | List of chapters | List of characters|