Digimon Racing is a kart racer developed by Griptonite Games and published by Bandai in 2004 for the Game Boy Advance. It predominantly features Digimon from the first season of the anime as playable racers, though characters from the next few seasons also make an appearance.
A kart racing grand prix is established in the Digital World, a universe where all data takes on a physical form, and home to all Digimon. Utilizing specially designed vehicles that put all contestants on equal terms, this contest will determine which Digimon is the best racer in the land, while allowing all of their special abilities and techniques.
While very similar to a traditional kart racer video game, Digimon Racing utilizes the series' trademark of Digivolving characters into more powerful variations of themselves into gameplay. Each character can digivolve by obtaining a special item, making their abilities much more potent. In addition, several items scattered throughout the various race tracks can help the characters launch offensive attacks against their opponents, hindering their progress.
In all, there are 15 separate courses (12 racing courses, three boss courses), each with their own layout and hazards, including other Digimon. Three separate play modes: Grand Prix, Cup Mode, and Time Trail, are also available.
- Agumon: A short, orange, reptilian Digimon. A well-rounded racer who digivolves into Greymon.
- Gabumon: A dog-like character with a large, single horn. His digivolution is Garurumon.
- Biyomon (Piyomon in the Japanese version): A pink bird Digimon with an ankle bracelet. Her digivolution is Birdramon.
- Palmon: A plant-like Digimon with a flower on her head and extensible vines for fingers. Her digivolution is Togemon.
- Patamon: A small, orange character with bat-like wings for ears. He digivolves into Angemon.
- Tentomon: A mechanical insect Digimon with electric abilities. His digivolution is Kabuterimon.
- Gomamon: A small, white, seal Digimon with purple spots and red hair. His digivolution is Ikkakumon.
- Salamon (Plotmon in the Japanese version): A Digimon who resembles a small puppy with a golden ring for a collar. Her digivolution is Gatomon.
These are characters that are not available initially, but can be unlocked by fulfilling certain requirements.
- Veemon (V-Mon in the Japanese version): A short, blue, reptilian Digimon with a headbutt attack. His digivolution is Flamedramon, and can be unlocked by getting first place in Grand Prix Mode with any character.
- Guilmon: A red dinosaur Digimon with fiery breath. He digivolves into Growlmon (Growmon in the Japanese version) and can be unlocked by winning Time Trial Mode with any character.
- Agunimon (Agnimon in the Japanese version): A large, humanoid Digimon with dragon-like armor. He digivolves into BurningGreymon (Vritramon in the Japanese version) and can be unlocked by winning Cup Mode with any character.
- Omnimon (Omegamon in the Japanese version): A gigantic hybrid Digimon of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon. He appears as the first boss of the game in the Factory stage.
- Diaboromon: A huge virus Digimon with long, flailing limbs and sharp claws. He appears as the second boss of the game in the Digital Space stage.
- MaloMyotismon: A massive white vampire-like cyborg Digimon. He appears as the third boss of the game in the Deep Jungle stage.