- Agumon: A short, orange, reptilian Digimon. A well-rounded racer who digivolves into Greymon.
- Gabumon: A dog-like character with a large, single horn. His digivolution is Garurumon.
- Biyomon (Piyomon in the Japanese version): A pink bird Digimon with an ankle bracelet. Her digivolution is Birdramon.
- Palmon: A plant-like Digimon with a flower on her head and extensible vines for fingers. Her digivolution is Togemon.
- Patamon: A small, orange character with bat-like wings for ears. He digivolves into Angemon.
- Tentomon: A mechanical insect Digimon with electric abilities. His digivolution is Kabuterimon.
- Gomamon: A small, white, seal Digimon with purple spots and red hair. His digivolution is Ikkakumon.
- Salamon (Plotmon in the Japanese version): A Digimon who resembles a small puppy with a golden ring for a collar. Her digivolution is Gatomon.
These are characters that are not available initially, but can be unlocked by fulfilling certain requirements.
- Veemon (V-Mon in the Japanese version): A short, blue, reptilian Digimon with a headbutt attack. His digivolution is Flamedramon, and can be unlocked by getting first place in Grand Prix Mode with any character.
- Guilmon: A red dinosaur Digimon with fiery breath. He digivolves into Growlmon (Growmon in the Japanese version) and can be unlocked by winning Time Trial Mode with any character.
- Agunimon (Agnimon in the Japanese version): A large, humanoid Digimon with dragon-like armor. He digivolves into BurningGreymon (Vritramon in the Japanese version) and can be unlocked by winning Cup Mode with any character.
- Omnimon (Omegamon in the Japanese version): A gigantic hybrid Digimon of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon. He appears as the first boss of the game in the Factory stage.
- Diaboromon: A huge virus Digimon with long, flailing limbs and sharp claws. He appears as the second boss of the game in the Digital Space stage.
- MaloMyotismon: A massive white vampire-like cyborg Digimon. He appears as the third boss of the game in the Deep Jungle stage.