| "Etemon's Comeback Tour" |
(MetalEtemon no Gyakushū)
"The Counterattack of MetalEtemon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) January 30, 2000|
(En:) April 15, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Hiro Masaki|
(En:) Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Takenori Kawada|
| Chief Anim.|
Whilst the rest of the group investigate Puppetmon's mansion, Mimi and Joe find themselves on the run from the new and improved MetalEtemon, and join forces with an unlikely ally.
Ogremon is being chased by Woodmon when a meteor crashes right on top of him. This attracts the attention of Mimi and Joe as well as Tai's group. Tai immediately wants to investigate the meteor, but T.K. suggests going to Puppetmon's mansion instead. When the group is unable to decide what to do, Izzy suggests a vote. Sora notices that Tai hasn't voted, who is wondering how Matt would vote and has taken it upon himself to look after T.K. in Matt's absence. He finally decides to check out Puppetmon's mansion, but not to look for trouble. Sora expresses doubt, but Tai comforts her by saying that he won't let anyone get hurt.
Meanwhile, as MetalEtemon rises from the meteor, Joe and Mimi discover Ogremon, who was injured during his fall. Although Joe wants to leave, Mimi immediately takes charge and tends to Ogremon. Puppetmon then appears and Gomamon digivolves to Zudomon. Because Mimi hesitated to let Palmon join the fight, Puppetmon quickly defeats him, but before he can finish him off, MetalEtemon appears. Puppetmon becomes annoyed and the two Megas begin fighting. Seeing their chance to escape, Joe and the others run away. They seek shelter under a tree and Ogremon promises to repay their kindness, as per his code of honor. When Mimi asks why he fights Leomon, Ogremon says it's destiny. When Mimi questions that and says he should have a greater purpose in life, Ogremon becomes upset. MetalEtemon, no longer fighting Puppetmon, then discovers them and they run for a new hiding place. As they're taking cover, SaberLeomon appears and Ogremon prepares to fight.
Tai's group arrives at Puppetmon's mansion. Although Tai initially wants to look around himself, the others convince him to allow them to join him. They attack two of Puppetmon's playmates, Deramon and Floramon, thinking that they are guards. The two Digimon admit, however, that they dislike Puppetmon and offer to show them around the mansion. Upon entering, they discover various dangerous toys. When Puppetmon returns from fighting MetalEtemon, the group fires at him with one of his own cannons. Puppetmon realizes that it's the DigiDestined and prepares to attack.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
| Special Move|
|Ogremon: "Get away from me, you pile of Woodmon! I know your tricks. You pretend to be trees and then abosorb the energy from unsuspecting Digimon as they pass by."|
| Special Move|
|Gomamon: "We thought Etemon was tough, MetalEtemon's a Mega Digimon! After his Banana Slip attack, they'll have to peel us off the floor!"|
| Special Move|
|Izzy: "One of them is Floramon. She's a plant type Digimon who digivolves like a reptile. Her attack is Rain of Pollen."|
| Special Move|
|Izzy: "And the other guard is...Deramon. At first glance, it looks like a bird type Digimon, but it's actually got a plant growing out of its back. Prodigious!"|
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
"How many Woodmon could an Ogremon chop if an Ogremon could chop Woodmon?"
- —Ogremon faces off against an army of Woodmon, using his own Digimon tongue twister.
"Don't tell me about not being healthy. I have been not healthy my whole life, so I'm an expert, and if I want to keep things bottled up, I will."
- —Joe on his own suppressed emotions.
"Lay off the digivolving for a few days, and you'll be as good as new."
- —Joe takes care of his first patient.
"Just what we need, new and unimproved!"
- —Palmon is really not happy to see MetalEtemon.
Puppetmon: "You're really bad at name-calling."
MetalEtemon: "Yeah, well I'm metal and you're wood. Whatever you say bounces off me and splits you in half!"
- —MetalEtemon and Puppetmon mouth off at each other.
Deramon: "If you wanted fried chicken, you could have asked!"
Agumon: "Sorry. We thought you guys were out here protecting Puppetmon's mansion."
Deramon: "Oh, so you barbecue us!"
- —Deramon is not amused after being hit with Agumon's Pepper Breath attack.
- During several moments throughout the episode, Ogremon's left leg, which should have a black band on it, instead has the same red band as his right leg.
- When Puppetmon sees the silhouette of MetalEtemon swinging through the trees, the outer part of his eyes which is normally black is instead colored white.
- When Joe, Mimi and their respective Digimon are shown looking at MetalEtemon, Gomamon's eyes are colored red instead of green.
- After MetalEtemon's analysis, Palmon is shown with her fingers completely green.
- Part of the fight between Puppetmon and MetalEtemon is cut out of the English dub, in which Puppetmon uses his Drill Nose attack on MetalEtemon's backside, and MetalEtemon farts in response, much to the disgust of Mimi, Joe and Ogremon.
- The way MetalEtemon swings through the forest on a vine whilst shouting resembles Tarzan.
- After Joe and Mimi get near the crash site of the meteorite, Palmon says it could have come from Los Angeles, possibly referring to the Los Angeles Meteorite, which originated on Mars.
- MetalEtemon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.