| "Family Picnic" |
"A Dangerous Picnic"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) May 7, 2000|
(En:) September 2, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Yoshio Urasawa|
(En:) Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Takahiro Imamura|
| Chief Anim.|
It's the weekend, and Mimi has just flown in from America to discover the group setting off for a small picnic in the Digital World. Though they soon discover they couldn't have picked a worse spot.
Mimi, who now lives in America, comes to visit Japan. She finds the new DigiDestined and they have a nice picnic in the DigiWorld. Yolei and Mimi get split up from the group because one of their rolls of sushi went tumbling down a hill. They somehow enter a dark area that has a Control spire. They are attacked by a swarm of Otamamon and Gekomon but Palmon saves them. Then the Roachmon brothers attack them! Hawkmon Armor Digivolves and takes advantage of the Roachmon's stupidity, making them accidentally destroy the Contol Spire. Palmon Digivolves to Togemon and she gets rid of the Roachmon brothers. They get back to Davis and the others and return to the real world. Apparently Yolei really looks up to Mimi!
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
"We apologise for the pilot stepping out for popcorn in the inflight movie."
- —Stewardess announcement on Mimi's plane.
DemiVeemon: "Good morning! Sleep well?"
Davis: "Yeah, until I heard all that screaming. The next time I tell you to wake me up, try to be a little quieter so I can get some sleep."
- —DemiVeemon isn't just Davis' partner—he's also his alarm clock.
"I turn my back on him for one minute and he disappears!"
- —Cody has trouble with Upamon when he brings him home.
"You think I'm getting in there?! Think again!"
- —Gatomon refuses to ride around in Kari's backpack.
"Can we hurry up?! Your gym socks from yesterday are in here!"
- —Patamon also hates travelling in a backpack, though for a whole different reason.
"I got us here! Am I the best or what?"
- —Davis showing off his ego again.
Mimi: "I'm sorry, but are you supposed to be here?"
T.K., Patamon, Kari and Gatomon: "Mimi!"
Other DigiDestined: "Mimi?"
- —None of the DigiDestined expected Mimi to show up.
"Hello, Mimi! My name's Davis but you can call me ...Davis."
- —Davis trying to make a good first impression.
"He builds his control spires, tries to take over the Digital World, yada yada yada..."
- —Davis sums up the Digimon Emperor to Mimi.
Davis: "It's way too early for lunch. Let's keep walking."
Kari: "I am a little hungry."
Davis: "I'm starved! Let's eat!"
T.K.: "Why didn't I think of that?"
- —T.K. isn't fooled at all.
Hawkmon: "Come back, little sushi!"
Yolei: "Wait, Hawkmon, come back! It's just a California Roll!"
Hawkmon: "Yes, well, it's rolling all the way back to California!"
- —Hawkmon and Yolei chase the runaway sushi.
"Princess Mimi! Princess Mimi! Princess Mimi! Princess!"
- —The Gekomon and Otamamon seem to remember Mimi just fine, despite the dark rings' control.
"No problem! I've been living in New York! Compared to getting a taxi, that should be a piece of cake."
- —Mimi on how easy it'll be to destroy the control spire.
Davis: "Hawkmon! Yolei! Where are you?"
DigiDestined: "Hawkmon! Yolei! Where are you?"
Davis: "Huh? This place has some echo."
Kari: "Oh boy."
- —Davis reveals a certain lack of intelligence, yet again.
Ken: "I'm going home! Lock up when your done!"
Wormmon: "About time. Now I can watch my Saturday cartoons."
- —Wormmon loves cartoons too.
- In a shot of the group before entering the Digital World, Kari's camera and gloves appear to be missing.
- When Yolei and Hawkmon are waking Mimi up, the end of Yolei's shoes are green instead of white and her vest seems unzipped.
- In a close up shot the Gekomon and Otamamon's dark rings, Otamamon's irises are black instead of red.
- The music that plays at the beginning of the episode is Mimi's theme Sweet Innocent.
- The Japanese episode mentions that Mimi has come to Japan to attend her cousin's wedding, whilst the English dub gives no reason for her visit.
- Two shots, one showing the Roachmon flying into the control spire, and the other showing the control spire being destroyed, are removed from the English dub.
- In the Latin American version of this episode, the Roachmon Brothers were called "las Hermanas Roachmon", which translates as the Roachmon Sisters.
- In the original version, When Kari is packing her bag, she is humming the original Armor Digivolution theme, Break Up.
- Mimi's "Poop Grab" attack, stated in her analyser, refers to the episode Trash Day, where she catches an attack fired by a Garbagemon.
- In the original version, Cody has the Ode to Joy theme, from Beethoven's Symphony No. 9, playing in his bedroom.
- Yolei announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- Mimi is the last former DigiDestined to make a proper appearance in the series.
- In the original version, Yolei sometimes uses the Japanese honorific "onee-sama" after Mimi's name, meaning older sister.
- in the original version, the music playing in the backround of Yolei's families store is "Be All Right" TK's theme from season 1.
- During Palmon's digivolution to Togemon, it says DIGIVOLVE TO ULTIMATE, despite Togemon being a champion digimon.