| "Fusion Confusion" |
(Muteki Gattai! Pairudoramon)
"The Invincible Union! Paildramon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) October 8, 2000|
(En:) February 3, 2001
|Written by|| (Ja:) Atsushi Maekawa|
(En:) Seth Walther, Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Takao Yoshizawa|
| Chief Anim.|
The DigiDestined encounter a new type of digivolution when two Digimon become one, and as always, Izzy is ready to explain. Though first, the group must deal with the time bomb that is Ken's old base.
Rushing into the base while Paildramon battles Okuwamon, they reach the center of the base and Ken puts his Crest in. But the reactor isn’t stabilized! They follow the pipes into the reactor where they find a stream of darkness. T.K. and Kari recall feeling this same darkness during their last encounters, and Ken explains that this darkness has been with him since he first came to the Digital World. Outside, Paildramon defeats Okuwamon, then races to the kids. The base is about to explode when Paildramon rushes in and disposes of the darkness reactor, which stabilizes. Afterward, Paildramon destroys the base completely. The Digidestined return to the Real World, but Ken still chooses to stay separated from them. The next day, Izzy explains to them how DNA Digivolving works and that it took place before with Omnimon, and why the older kids' Digimon can’t Digivolve to Ultimate and Mega anymore.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
Dragon Man Digimon
|T.K.: "ExVeemon and Stingmon DNA digivolved into Paildramon. His Desperado Blaster attack will defeat Okuwamon for sure."|
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
T.K.: "There's no way they'll get through all this rubble."
Yolei: "Uh, I suppose Ken and Davis just didn't hear you, T.K."
- —T.K. is wrong for once
"The warp is returning to normal. Oh, but my stiff neck isn't. I got to learn not to get so excited."
- —Izzy tends to get stressed out in intense situations.
Davis: "Sometimes I wish he weren't so smart so he didn't have so much to tell us."
Davis: "I'm sorry, but it hurts my brain to hold all that information!"
- —Davis has yet to appreciate Izzy's knowledge.
"Until then, we'll even use balls of yarn to fight, if we have to."
- —Gatomon knows that when all you've got is a hammer...
- In the flashback to the DigiDestined releasing the power of their crests, they are shown literally letting them go, but in "Now Apocalymon", the physical crests were destroyed, leaving only their power in the DigiDestined's hearts.
- Omnimon's right shoulder is colored yellow instead of blue.
- When Davis says "Woah!", his mouth doesn't move.
- Davis's eyes suddenly go cross-eyed when he shouts, "Yeeaah."
- In the original version, when the base becomes unstable for a second time, Cody does not accuse Ken of keeping information from the group, but is merely arguing against Ken, saying that Ken's crest was indeed helpful in stopping the reactor meltdown.
- When talking to the DigiDestined, Arukenimon does not originally try to turn them against each other, but taunts them, telling them that there's nothing they can do to prevent the disaster.
- In the English dub, Izzy claims that the original DigiDestined releasing their crests is "exactly how Omnimon came into existence." In the original version, Koushiro brings up Omegamon (a.k.a. Omnimon) to instead specify that their return to the Digital World happened shortly after the battle against Diablomon.
- This episode shows a clip from the episode "An Old Enemy Returns", featuring T.K. flying over the dark whirlpool.
- This episode shows a clip from the episode "His Master's Voice", featuring Kari standing on the shore of the Dark Ocean
- Izzy makes a reference to the movie Digimon Adventure: Our War Game!, in which WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon also DNA digivolve, to become Omnimon.
- Paildramon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- In this episode, Tai is the only one seen in his original clothes while everyone else was in their real world clothes (i.e. the clothes they wore at the beginning of the series).
- From this episode onwards, the Finnish version of this series stops being dubbed in Finnish, and is instead shown in its original Japanese form, with Finnish subtitles.