| "Ghost of a Chance" |
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) July 30, 2000|
(En:) November 11, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Genki Yoshimura|
(En:) Craig Doyle
|Directed by||(Ja:) Hiroki Shibata|
| Chief Anim.|
It's been four years to the day since Myotismon's defeat, and the death of an old friend, who has returned to give the DigiDestined a warning of things to come.
As the anniversary of Myotismons defeat approaches, people at the TV Station start quitting because they see a ghost everywhere. When the whole team, old and new DigiDestined go to the TV Station, they find out that the ghost is actually Wizardmon, the Digimon that sacrificed himself for Kari and Gatomon! He tells Gatomon that "Kindness will release the Golden Radiance" and "Kindness alone will not be able to defeat the darkness." He disappears, leaving the DigiDestined to their very confused thoughts.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
No Digimon are analysed in this episode.
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
Davis: "You guys have a date to do fractions? What gives?"
T.K.: "No, Davis. That's a date, not a fraction."
- —Davis is his usual not-so-smart self.
"There's enough of us here to start our own soccer league."
- —T.K. comments on the size of their DigiDestined team.
"You guys have to stick together, no matter what. Remember that friendship is the key, or you'll all be toast."
- —Tai giving the younger DigiDestined some sound advice.
"I haven't been here in a while. It's...the same. Including the smell of your socks."
- —T.K. visits his father and brother's apartment.
"First, I'll take a little stroll over to our old refrigerator and, uh, take a peak at what's...not expired."
- —Matt may know how to cook, but he hasn't got much to work with.
T.K.: "Dad, what's the matter?"
Mr. Ishida: "I don't even know how to explain it."
Matt: "Don't tell me, Myotismon destroyed the station again."
- —Matt recalls the last time his dad had trouble at work.
Matt: "You've flipped your lid!"
T.K.: "Don't mind him, Dad. He's just not a happy little buffalo."
- —Matt is more skeptical of their father's sanity than T.K. is.
Izzy: "Come on, Davis. Give it a try."
Davis: "Wha—! Who, me?"
Kari: "No, silly, he means the other boy with goggles."
Davis: "Oh, where is he?"
- —Kari should know better than to use sarcasm with Davis.
T.K.: "It's the ghost!"
Kari: "Who ya gonna call?"
- —The DigiDestined remember the '80s.
Davis: "He doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!"
Kari: "Good one."
- —Title drop!
"Your enemy is not only the Digimon Emperor, but a much greater darkness. The darkness...it cannot be defeated with strength alone. You must return the one wrapped in darkness to his true self...Kindness will release the golden radiance."
- —Wizardmon gives the DigiDestined a few clues to help them save Digital World.
- In the English dub, the children claim that Myotismon was defeated on August 1st, which is actually the day they returned from the Digital World; Myotismon was defeated several days later.
- When the original DigiDestined meets the new DigiDestined, the two ends of Kari's scarf are missing.
- When Veemon, Armadillomon, and Hawkmon were about to charging after the ghost (Wizardmon) to save Gatomon, Hawkmon's beak was split in two.
- A moment is removed from the English dub when one of the men working at the TV station takes out a cigarette.
- In the original episode, when explaining why the computer room will soon be inaccessible, T.K. says that it's going to be used for summer computer classes, whilst in the English dub, he says that it's going to be the new detention room.
- Wizardmon died taking Myotismon's attack in Wizardmon's Gift.
- In Wizardmon's prophecy, "kindness" refers to Ken and the Crest of Kindness, "golden radiance" refers to the Digi-Egg of Miracles, and "the darkness" presumably refers to Myotismon, who reveals himself to the DigiDestined near the end of the series. The main events foretold in this prophecy take place in the episode The Crest of Kindness.
- Matt and TK came across a store in Shibuya where they met Pumpkinmon and Gotsumon in Out on the Town.
- Matt and TK's dad, Hiroaki, has a "Sonic" CD player. This is a reference to Sony.
- As Wizardmon's ghost flies around the ceiling in the TV station, Kari says, "Who ya gonna call?"; a catchphrase from the film Ghostbusters.
- Sora, Mimi and Yolei visit Tokyo Tower, where they previously fought one of Myotismon's henchmen, SkullMeramon.
- Kari announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- In Matt's apartment, there's a picture on the wall displaying his Japanese name, Yamato.
- This is the first time, in the series, we see a digivolution from In-Training to Rookie level. It's also the first time we see Veemon, Hawkmon and Armadillomon in the real world.
- The theme song from the second Digimon Adventure opening replaces the normal Adventure 02 opening for this episode.