|Prior forms||Anyone + H Spirit of Earth|
|Voice actors||(Ja:) Tomohiro Nishimura|
(En:) Derek Stephen Prince
Grumblemon is an Ogre Digimon. It possesses power over Earth which bears the might of AncientVolcanomon. Various weapons and armor are brought to life from its large hands and thick fingers, and its craftsmanship is practical yet artistic. The Grotte Armor that it wears and its main weapon, the Grotte Hammer, are both the handmade Grotte-brand. It prefers to act alone since it hates being ordered about, however its artisan pride is such that once it recognizes someone's true merit, it will obediently abide them, and immerse itself in its own work. Although it's not very intelligent, its pride towards its work is intensely high and it has a strong tendency to take the opponent lightly. It also has a technique which creates Golemon using the earth around it and orders them to attack.
- Seismic Sledge (Snake Eye Break): Smashes its "Grotte Hammer" into foe.The attack can be used to petrify and smash enemies.
- Jack in the Box: Jumps out of the ground and attacks with its Grotte Hammer.
Grumblemon's design is derived from the mythological Gnome, a diminutive but humanoid chthonic entity defined by Paracelsus as an earth elemental. It also has the bulbous nose of the mythological Troll, another chthonic entity in Scandinavian folklore. It wields the "Grotte Hammer" and can summon more than one of them.
- Grottemon (グロットモン)
Official romanization given by the Digimon Reference Book and used through the series.
- Fr: "Grotte" (lit. "Grotto").
Name used in the American English dub of Digimon Frontier as well as many localized materials.
- En: Grumble.
Digimon Frontier (manhua)
Notes and references
- ↑ Grumblemon's Hybrid level is treated as equivalent to the Champion level in the Digital Monster Card Game.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Digimon Frontier, "A Molehill Out Of a Mountain" 
- ↑ Digimon Official Super Encyclopedia
- ↑ Digimon Frontier (manhua)
- ↑ Digimon Reference Book: Grottemon
- ↑ Digimon Reference Book: Grottemon: "In battle, it mainly uses "Snake Eye Break", in which it petrifies enemies touched by its Grotte Hammer and then destroys them."