Hi-VisionMonitamon is an LCD Digimon. As the newest model of Monitamon, it outdoes Monitamon in fighting strength, analytic power, and intelligence-gathering ability, and is an Ace of Monitamon that displays unique abilities. Due to the fact that it always has a grasp on all of the latest information in the Digital World, as well as governing the legion of Monitamon to always lead them to triumph, it holds the alias of "Black Electromagnetic Wave", and the deep trust of the Monitamon. It performs detailed analysis of its collected information and transmits polished tactics to the Monitamon, but its sole flaw is that it sometimes gets too passionate and doesn't stop talking. The "Denji-maru" (電磁丸? lit. "Electromagnet") it holds in its hand is a weapon that generally excels in both offense and defense, as it is able take the power of its opponent's blocked attacks and turn them into particles. The techniques of Monitamon that are struck by particles from the Denji-maru, which it uses as both a weapon and as a conducting Gunbai, are able to rise to the utmost limits of their power. Also, it is a Digimon rich in technique variations, which are mostly enhancements of Monitamon's techniques.
- Deneireppa (電影烈破? lit. "Film Buster"): Takes the power of its opponent's blocked attacks and turn them into particles, then fires off the Denji-maru while it is covered in those particles.
- Koudensappou-no-Jin (光電殺法之陣? lit. "Formation of Photoelectric Execution"): Emits a signal from the antenna on its head that synchronizes the surrounding Monitamon with itself, so that it can operate the Monitamon as its own body. The movements of the perfectly synchronized Monitamon take the shape of a battle formation that makes sport of and brings down the opponent in perfect order.
- Itenkou (癒天光? lit. "Healing Sky Light"): Uses a healing technique.
- Flame Blast (業火弾 Goukadan?, lit. "Hellish Fire Shot"): Uses an enhanced version of Monitamon's "Kadan".
- Water Spout Cannon (爆水竜 Bakusuiryū?, lit. "Explosive Water Dragon"): Uses an enhanced version of Monitamon's "Suiryū".
- Whirling Wind Tunnel (暴風車 Boufūsha?, lit. "Storming Wind Wheel"): Uses an enhanced version of Monitamon's "Kazaguruma".
- Thunderous Lightning Attack (雷電閃 Raidenjin?, lit. "Thunderous Lightning Flash"): Uses an enhanced version of Monitamon's "Densen".
- Shunsakuteki (瞬索敵? lit. "Instant Reconnaissance"): Uses an enhanced version of Monitamon's "Sakuteki".
Hi-VisionMonitamon looks like an enhanced version of Monitamon, trading its green outfit with brown equipment for black and red, respectively. Its head now resembles a high-definition television set as opposed to the previous CRT, and it now sports a parabolic antenna on its head. It wields a yellow wand, the "Denji-maru", in its right hand.
- Hi-VisionMonitamon (ハイビジョンモニタモン)
Official romanization given by the Digimon Reference Book and used in the franchise.