Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|What's needed: Image can probably be deleted; entire article is in dire need of a copyedit and reconfiguration; focus on the use of humans for stuff like DigiXros, DNA, etc. This is not the Real World article.|
Humans (人間 ningen?) are the dominant species of the Real World. Some Digimon get along with certain kinds of humans, while others won't easily cooperate with them, and some are able to channel their power. Some Digimon are also able to take on a human form. Also, it is possible that the God of the Digital World is a human.
Human and Digimon Relations
Humans and digimon have a mixed track record of interactions. Some digimon have been known to attack the Humans in the real world while some digimon befriend humans and even become partners to certain humans known as DigiDestined.
In many series, humans are able to assist their Partners in battle:
A Tamer can use "Digi-Modify" by swiping a card from the Digital Monster Card Game through their D-Power Digivice to give extra power or weapons to their Digimon Partner. A Digivolution card allows a Digimon to digivolve from their Rookie to Champion level, while a Blue Card allows them to digivolve to Ultimate level.
Some Tamers are able to Biomerge with their Partner allowing them to digivolve into the Mega level.
Digimon Data Squad
Every human possesses an aura-like D.N.A. (short for "Digimon Natural Ability) made from their emotions. By charging the D.N.A., a Tamer is able to make their Partner digivolve.
Digimon Xros Wars (manga)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
When entering Cyberspace EDEN, humans are completely digitalized, including their minds, which become "mind data" (精神データ seishin dēta?). It is possible to hack someone's mind while in EDEN and learn their secrets. It is also possible to erase someone's memories, although never completely, or implant fake memories in someone. The EDEN Syndrome is caused by Eaters devouring a person's mind data, which causes their bodies to return to the Real World in a comatose state.
Major Digimon/Human Incidents
- Highton View Terrace Incident
- The Highton View Terrace Incident is the first major incident in which digimon appeared in the real world and revealed themselves on a large scale.
- See Digimon Adventure (Movie) for details
- Myotismon's Assult on Tokyo
- Myotismon's assult on downtown Tokyo was the first time digimon engaged humans in open conflict in the real world. The attack however was concealed by Myotismon through the usage of his fog that blocked all visual views into downtown Tokyo as well as prevented humans from making transmissions to the outside. The attack ended with the DigiDestined destroying VenomMyotismon
- Digimon Adventure Episodes 35 through 39
- Global Digimon Outbreak
- During the latter part of Digimon Adventure 02, a global digimon outbreak caused by Arukenimon (Adventure) and Mummymon (Adventure) was staged. During the conflict the various militaries of the world attempted to fight back, however only the DigiDestined where capable of putting an end to the invasion.
- Digimon Adventure 02 Episodes 38 through 42
- Invasion of the Daemon Corps
- D-Reaper Incident
- The D-Reaper incident was the major global conflict in the tamers universe in which a rouge program orginally designed to maintain the digital world and prevent the digimon form exceeding their parameters went haywire and attempted to destroy both the real and digital worlds. During the conflict all doubt about the exsistence of digimon was removed and the fight bettween the DigiDestined and D-Reaper was broadcasted on the television at several points. Also during the series the militaires of the world also attempt to deal with D-Reaper to no avail. Once again only the DigiDestined where capable of defending the real world.
- Digimon Tamers Episodes 42 through 51
- Lucemon's Bioemergence
- In the Frontier universe, the former oppressive ruler of the Digital World, Lucemon, had already absorbed the Digital World, preparing a way to enter the human world and rule over it as well. Because if a Digimon appears in the Frontier human world, it would cause chaos before destroying it. Once Bioemerging through, Lucemon's presence caused a massive electrical surge, sending a cryptic message: You will join me or be destroyed. The Legendary Warriors became Susanoomon to drag the Demon God Digimon back into the empty space of the Digital World and defeat him there.
- Digimon Frontier Ep. 50
- Gotsumon's Assault
- In retaliation for the Data Squad "invading" the Digital World, Gotsumon gathered Merukimon's army and attempted to destroy the human world. It wasn't until Professor Kurata opened a warp gate and sucked them all back in.
- Belphemon's Rampage
- In the Data Squad universe, there were the Seven Great Demon Lords of the Digital World who nearly destroyed their entire world. One, known as Belphemon, was sealed in a box a top of ElDragamon. Professor Kurata, in a megalomaniac scheme to rule over both the Digital and Human World, reawakened and merged with Belphemon to take over. He was eventually stopped by Marcus Damon and ShineGreymon Burst Mode.
- In the Xros Wars universe, after becoming DarknessBagramon, Bagramon sent the Xros Heart United Army to an empty void while he went to the human world and turned every one to stone with his unlimited negative energy. Xros Heart was eventually saved by WarGreymon and Examon who began to detail about Bagramon and his army's first attempt to rule not only both the Digital and Human World, but the entire Multiverse as well! When Bioemerging into the Real World, there was a final confrontation between the Xros Heart United Army and the Bagra Army, leading to the resurrection of many dead Digimon and the triumph of Xros Heart.
Differences Between Humans and Digimon
Unlike Digimon, humans cannot digivolve (save for the Digimon Frontier cast and the Bio-Hybrids), but with the aid of a Digivice can use their emotions and energy to facilitate digivolution for the Digimon they have formed a partnership bond with.
Notes and references