Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| "If I had a Tail Hammer" |
(Daichi no Sōkō Ankiromon)
"Armored Ankylomon of the Earth"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) September 17, 2000|
(En:) December 9, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Reiko Yoshida|
(En:) Michael Sorich, Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Takahiro Imamura|
| Chief Anim.|
The DigiDestined are hard at work rebuilding one of the many devastated towns of the Digital World, until a nearby control spire, thought to be inactive, starts causing problems for the group.
Ken finds a strange woman in his room, but she refused to tell him who she is. Meanwhile the DigiDestined continue their cleanup. Davis realizes, Veemon can‘t digivolve. Kari and T.K. sneak off to see if their Digimon can digivolve but they can't. They wonder if the Control Spires are active again. Cody and Digmon are underground when Thundermon attacks them. Armadillomon digivolve to Ankylomon and emerges from beneath the ground. Then a mysterious Digimon destroys Thundermon and lands next to Ken. He disappears. Mysteriously, the control spire they discovered had vanished.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
T.K.: "Boy, that jerk really left the Digital World in a big mess, didn't he?"
Davis: "Hey, listen, it's not my fault. I'm doing the best I can."
T.K.: "I meant Ken, not you, Davis."
- — Davis misunderstands T.K. as they continue to help rebuild the DigiWorld.
Davis: "Some teachers are just nitpickers about such little things."
Yolei: "What was it this time?"
Davis: "I was accidentally playing soccer indoors, and somehow a window broke. Boy, Mr. Reynolds is sure is a grouch."
Cody: "Not again."
T.K.: "It's the fourth time. But hey, who's counting, right?"
Davis: "Huh? I thought it was at least six!"
- — Davis' excuse for being late is no surprise to the DigiDestined.
Davis: "They're a major pain!"
Kari: "Aw, they're cute."
Davis: "Oh, they're so sweet."
Veemon: "That's not what you said a second ago."
- —Veemon calls Davis out on his sudden change of mind about the Punimon.
"WHY CAN'T I DIGIVOLVE?! TELL ME WHY! Okay, I'm done."
- — Veemon's failure to digivolve causes him to do a very good imitation of Mimi.
"I thought the Control Spires had been knocked out of commission when Ken left, but this makes me think they just might be active again."
- — T.K. comes to a logical conclusion as to why the Digimon suddenly can't digivolve.
"Ken's back?! And Wormmon can digivolve?!"
- — T.K. says what everyone's thinking.
Ken: "Are you all right, Wormmon?"
Wormmon: "Well, I've been better. I let her get away."
Ken: "Don't worry, my friend. We'll have another chance."
Wormmon: "You're right, Ken. Next time, I won't miss."
- — Ken and Wormmon discuss their reason for being in the DigiWorld.
- In the English dub, the exact same product that Cody's grandfather now calls liquid yogurt was previously called prune juice in the episode Old Reliable.
- The town that the group are rebuilding is labelled as Primary Village in the English dub, whilst in the original episode, the town's name isn't given at all.
- The product Cody's grandfather had in the original version was "chu jelly".
- The episode title is a variation on the title of the folk song, If I Had a Hammer.
- Cody announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- Upamon is be able to use chopsticks despite not having hands.