Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Ikkakumon's Harpoon Torpedo |
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) April 18, 1999|
(En:) September 21, 1999
|Written by|| (Ja:) Akatsuki Yamatoya|
(En:) Rebecca Forstadt, Eddie Leiner
|Directed by||(Ja:) Harumi Kosaka|
| Chief Anim.|
As Joe begins to feel responsible for the group's safety, he decides he must explore the surrounding area by himself, and ends up in trouble when a nearby Unimon is struck by a black gear.
The DigiDestined and their partners are wandering through a cold forest. They are discussing all of the fun things they could do in the snow when Joe tells them they need to be more serious and safe but everyone else laughs and thinks Joe should lighten up. They find themselves at a field covered with snow and try to decide between crossing it or climbing the nearby Infinity Mountain. Before a discussion is reached, the kids smell something and see steam. After following the steam, they find a bunch of pools filled with boiling water. There is also a refrigerator filled with nothing but eggs. Joe doesn't think they should eat them but everyone else is hungry and disagrees.
As everyone enjoys their feast of eggs, they start to feel homesick. The kids feel better after talking about their favorite kinds of eggs but Joe just gets annoyed. Everyone thinks he is acting weird and should lighten up but Joe says he is just being careful because nobody else will and he needs to be the voice of reason.
Tai and Matt are fighting over whether or not to climb Infinity Mountain. Tai says it would give them a great view of the whole island but Matt says it would be too dangerous and they don't know what's up there. As Joe goes to break up the fight, they try to make him take sides. Unfortunately, he sees valid points in both of their arguments. The kids finally decide to go to bed and figure it out in the morning, but Joe is worried that he is not being responsible enough as the oldest to take care of everyone. In the middle of the night, he and Gomamon go off on their own to climb Infinity Mountain.
After getting halfway up the mountain, it starts to shake violently. Black Gears start to appear at the top of it. As Joe and Gomamon go to see where the gears are coming from, a Unimon flies over them. Gomamon is about to go over and talk to him when a gear comes from the sky and embeds itself into Unimon's back. He then starts to attack.
Meanwhile, Sora wakes up and finds that Joe is gone. She thinks he went up Infinity Mountain and wakes up everybody else. As Unimon is about to unleash an attack on Joe and Gomamon, Birdramon shows up with Sora, Tai and Agumon. Unimon defeats Birdramon so Agumon digivolves to Greymon, but he is defeated too. To protect his friends, Joe jumps onto Unimon's back to try to pull out the gear. He can't do it and he falls off. Just then, Gomamon digivolves to Ikkakumon and catches Joe. He is also able to destroy the gear. Joe, Tai, Sora, Gomamon, Agumon and Biyomon then make their way to the top of Infinity Mountain. Upon getting there, they see that beyond the island is nothing but water.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
| Mythical Animal Digimon|
|Gomamon: "That's not your everyday kind of flying horse, Joe. That's Unimon—he's a wise old Digimon. I never knew he lived in these mountains. He's not much of a talker."|
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
"Tell me I'm not imagining this."
- —Joe gets his first look at the refrigerator.
"Then I'll be the guinea pig. If I turn purple, you'll know they're not edible."
- —Tai is definitely fearless, that's for sure.
Joe: "There's more to it than that. Even if they were edible, they don't belong to us. That would make us all thieves, you got to think about stuff like that Tai!"
Matt: "Unless you're into eating rocks, we don't have too much choice."
Sora: "I'm sure they would say yes if they knew we were in trouble."
Izzy: "Exactly, we'd tell them it's an emergency situation."
Tentomon: "Rationalize away!"
- — Joe definitely needs to lighten up
Sora: "Cheer up! Tell me how you like your eggs, and I'll do the best i can."
Joe: "I prefer my eggs to be covered with salt and pepper, but i guess it doesn't matter."
Tai: "I like soy sauce."
Matt: "How about salsa?"
Sora: "How about a reality check?"
Izzy: "I'll have mine with mustard and jellybeans, please."
Matt: "Oh, gross!"
T.K.: "Jellybeans, that sounds good!"
Mimi: "What? You're both weird. My favorite is eggs topped with maple syrup, yummy! Sometimes I like them with cherries on top!"
Sora: "That's weird."
T.K. "But I bet its good!"
- — The DigiDestined discuss how they like their eggs.
Gomamon: "I'm afraid Joe's just not the kind of guy that's meant to be adaptable."
Joe: "Just what do you mean?"
Gomamon: "Lets face it Joe, you're kind of a stick in the mud, if you get my drift."
Joe: "I'm just practical!"
Gomamon: "You're stuffy!"
- —Gomamon teases Joe about his cowardly nature.
"It never fails. Here they go again."
- —Biyomon comments as Gomamon winds up Joe yet again.
"You are the most difficult person I ever met!"
- —Matt getting impatient with Joe's indecision about Infinity Mountain.
"Sometimes I just have to trick him."
- —Gomamon mutters to himself about his ways of dealing with Joe.
Joe: "What's wrong?"
Gomamon: "I think you actually have a sense of humor!"
Gomamon: "Well, maybe not."
- —Gomamon is still getting to know the many sides of his partner.
- In the English dub, Unimon recognizes Gomamon as a friend, despite Gomamon not digivolving to his Rookie level until the children arrived in the Digital World.
- Gomamon's dialogue at the beginning of the episode is only featured in the English dub. The original episode features no dialogue at this point.
- When Joe gives his dialogue on the dangers of a snowfall, he was originally speaking to Sora, and also mentions that he has to protect his friends because he's the oldest. In the English dub, Joe is speaking to the whole group, who fail to take him seriously.
- When the group prepare their meal, a close-up shot of Joe crafting chopsticks with his penknife is removed from the English dub.
- In the Japanese version, Unimon did not speak.
- Ikkakumon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- This is the first time Infinite Mountain is mentioned.
- The group recall that this is their fourth day in the digital world (as far as they know). The first three episodes of the series take place on the first day, the fourth episode takes place on the second day, and the fifth and sixth episodes take place on the third day.
- In the original version, Joe refers to himself by the Japanese pronoun "boku", though when he grows tired of Tai and Matt not listening and yells, he refers to himself by "ore", an informal pronoun often used by males when speaking to younger people, or those of a lesser status.
- When digivolving into Greymon, Agumon says "digivolve into", rather than "digivolve to".