| "Joe's Battle" |
(On'na no Tatakai! RediDebimon)
"The Girls' Battle! LadyDevimon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) February 27, 2000|
(En:) May 13, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Atsushi Maekawa|
(En:) Ardwight Chamberlain, John Ludin
|Directed by||(Ja:) Hiroyuki Kakudo|
| Chief Anim.|
Tai's group come under attack by one of Piedmon's henchmen, while Mimi and Joe arrive at Primary Village, which is no longer the joyful place that it used to be.
Joe and Mimi, along with the friends they've collected, watch as Machinedramon's city dissolves. As they continue on, Mimi becomes tired, so Gekomon, Otamamon, and Frigimon look for food. As they're resting, Joe remembers that his brother, Jim Kido, told him that he didn't have to become a doctor if he didn't want to. He resolves to become a stronger and better person, rather than one that always screws up. When the group continues on, they arrive at a colorless and broken Primary Village. Hearing a harmonica, the group rushes toward the sound, thinking that it is Matt. When they find the source, however, they realize that it's Elecmon, who has become depressed. They ask him to join their group and when he hears that Patamon and T.K. have been fighting as well, he agrees. Joe asks Elecmon where he got the harmonica and they are able to determine that Matt crossed the nearby lake with a swan boat. Joe decides to leave Mimi with the friends they have gathered in order to search for Matt, feeling that he must go alone to find where he fits in the group. Joe says that Matt was looking for the same thing and he wants to know if he found it. Gomamon says that if Joe feels strongly about this, then it must be the right thing to do.
Meanwhile, after making a marker for the Numemon that died against Machinedramon, Tai's group continues up Spiral Mountain until Sora spots Piedmon's hideout. LadyDevimon offers to take care of the DigiDestined for Piedmon and attacks. Koromon digivolves to Agumon, but is easily defeated. Patamon, Biyomon, and Tentomon all digivolve to Champion while Gatomon digivolves to Angewomon. The battle continues (with Andromon also aiding the DigiDestined), but LadyDevimon seems to have advantage as she easily deflects all attacks made on her. Agumon urges Tai to let him Warp Digivolves, but Tai refuses, saying that he needs to stay in reserve. When Izzy uses the Digimon Analyzer on LadyDevimon, Tai begins to look at the big picture and realizes the seriousness of the situation. He asks Sora and T.K. to find Matt, knowing that they need to plan ahead to avoid more innocent deaths and to defeat the strongest of the Dark Masters. Birdramon and Angemon leave the battle to help Sora and T.K. in their search, leaving Kabuterimon and Angewomon to fight LadyDevimon. Kabuterimon digivolves to MegaKabuterimon to help Angewomon, but the battle between her and LadyDevimon seems to have become personal. Angewomon defeats LadyDevimon, but their brief celebration is cut short when Piedmon arrives. Agumon Warp Digivolves to WarGreymon, but Tai knows that everyone is needed for this battle.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
| Fallen Angel|
| Special Move|
|Izzy: "LadyDevimon—programmed to be the ultimate, fully digivolved fighting soldier, she serves as gate keeper and bodyguard for the last Dark Master."|
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
Mimi: It's like the whole city is moving out of town!"
Joe: "And I thought it was tough packing for camp."
- —Mimi and Joe watch as Machinedramon's city gets reconfigured.
"I wonder if superheroes are listed in the phone book."
- —Joe tries to figure out an easy way to get help from their friends before the DigiDestined have to face Piedmon.
Gomamon: "Joe, why is it we're always walking uphill?"
Sora: "Ever notice how we're always walking uphill?"
- —Gomamon and Sora make the same observation.
Sora: "We should've known there'd be a welcoming commitee."
Kari: "She looks like a witch."
- —Sora and Kari are openly disgusted by LadyDevimon.
"Yeah, good old Joe. You can always rely on him to fall into the mud or off a cliff. Well, not anymore. It's time for a brand new Joe!"
- —Joe's is gaining some self-confidence.
"Pretty depressing, unless you're a big fan of charcoal."
- —Joe's impression of the Primary Village after the Dark Masters took over.
Sora: "See, I told you we were close."
Tai: "We'll give you a medal later."
- —With Piedmon so close, Tai doesn't want to waste time on "I-told-you-so"'s.
"The time's come to stop acting like a bunch of children. We're facing the last of the Dark Masters. We don't know where he'll strike, or when, but it'll be somewhere close by... and soon. And he's strong, we know that. Real strong. This won't be just another fight. This one's for keeps. We got to be ready for him. All we've been doing is meeting each threat as it comes, barely holding on. Now we got to put it all together, as a team. That means Matt, Mimi, and Joe too. We've let enough Digimon sacrifice themselves for us. It's our turn now."
- —Tai has finally become a true leader, skilled in the art of battle strategy and not afraid to stand up for what's right.
Joe: "They don't call me 'Old Reliable' for nothing."
Gomamon: "But they don't."
Joe: "I'll ignore that."
- —Joe tells Mimi that he has to go off alone to look for Matt.
Tai: "Wow... Look at 'em go!"
Izzy: "I know I shouldn't watch this but... I can't take my eyes off!"
Kari: "Get her, Angewomon! That's right, knock that witch's crock off!"
- —Tai and Izzy are amazed at the cat-fight between Angewomon and LadyDevimon, while Kari tells Angewomon to let LadyDevimon have it.
- —LadyDevimon's last words. Apparently, she's a fan of The Wizard of Oz.
- When speaking to Elecmon, during one shot, Joe's shirt is clearly a darker tone.
- In one scene, Gekomon's eyes are colored the same color as his body.
- When Birdramon and Angewomon are hit by LadyDevimon's Dark Wing attack, Angewomon has a zipper on her right shoulder.
- When Joe, Mimi, Frigimon, Ogremon, and Meramon find Matt's harmonica, Meramon is temporarily replaced by Andromon.
- Sora and Kari look disdainfully at LadyDevimon in both versions, though in the English dub it is only because of her appearance. In the original, it's because the first thing she says translates to, "Welcome, you adorable little boys!"
- Kari calls LadyDevimon as "witch" in the Dub version, while she calls her as "bitch" in the Japanese version.
- LadyDevimon shouts "I'm melting!", a second reference in the series to the movie The Wizard of Oz, after Myotismon in the episode Wizardmon's Gift.
- When Mimi and Joe arrive at Primary Village, Joe says that it looks like a Twilight Zone episode.
- LadyDevimon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- The English dub title is the second (and last) to feature the name of a DigiDestined, the only other being Sora's Crest of Love.