Kumbhiramon is an Exalted Beast Digimon whose name is derived from the mythological Kumbhīra. It is the "Rat" Deva, and serves the Digimon Sovereign Ebonwumon. As a follower of Ebonwumon, who boasts of its great wisdom, it is a sage who plays the part of the "challenger" in Ebonwumon's Zen Kōans. It is mostly able to predict the mindset of anyone but Ebonwumon, and has a habit of bewildering the opponent by announcing their next move. Though it uses sarcasm with an acrimonious tone, it charmingly ends all of its sentences with "~chū". As it's not very strong, it's not suited for flinging itself at the opponent, but by means of its powerful abilities of telekinesis it freely operates a giant steel pestle as big as its own body, the Bǎo Chǔ (宝杵? lit. "Treasure Pestle"). Kumbhiramon is the only Deva able to counter Pajiramon's "Vahnijvala", through the power of its thoughts.
- Deva Clone (Krimíśa): Splits itself into six bodies which it positions in a hexagram barrier, sealing the opponent inside, then smashes them with the Bǎo Chǔ, deleting them completely.
- Bǎo Chǔ (宝杵? lit. "Treasure Pestle")
Notes and References
- ↑ Digimon Reference Book: Kumbhiramon
- ↑ Digimon Reference Book: Pajiramon
- ↑ Internet Sacred Text Archive, retrieved 08/31/07; Vishnu Purana, Ch. VI: "He who practices magic rites for the harm of others, is punished in the hell called Krimíśa (that of insects)."
- ↑ This attack is named "Rokubunshin" (六分身? lit. "Six Clones") in Digimon Tamers, "Juri's Partner!? The Leomon Way" .