|Type||(Ja:) Holy Beast|
(En:) Exalted Beast
|Voice actors||(Ja:) Miyata Kouki|
(En:) Joshua Seth
|Cards||(Ja:) St-951, Bo-40t, Dα-588|
Kumbhiramon is an Exalted Beast Digimon whose name is derived from the mythological Kumbhīra. It is the "Rat" Deva, and serves the Sovereign Ebonwumon. As a follower of Ebonwumon, who boasts of its great wisdom, it is a sage who plays the part of the "challenger" in Ebonwumon's Zen Kōans. It is mostly able to predict the mindset of anyone but Ebonwumon, and has a habit of bewildering the opponent by announcing their next move. Though it uses sarcasm with an acrimonious tone, it charmingly ends all of its sentences with "~chū". As it's not very strong, it's not suited for flinging itself at the opponent, but by means of its powerful abilities of telekinesis it freely operates a giant steel pestle as big as its own body, the Bǎo Chǔ (宝杵? lit. "Treasure Pestle").
- Deva Clone (Krimíśa): Splits itself into six bodies which it positions in a hexagram barrier, sealing the opponent inside, then smashes them with the Bǎo Chǔ, deleting them completely.
- Bǎo Chǔ (宝杵? lit. "Treasure Pestle")
Notes and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ Digimon Dictionary: Kumbhiramon
- ↑ Internet Sacred Text Archive, retrieved 08/31/07; Vishnu Purana, Ch. VI: "He who practices magic rites for the harm of others, is punished in the hell called Krimíśa (that of insects)."
- ↑ This attack is named "Rokubunshin" (六分身? lit. "Six Clones") in Digimon Tamers, "Juri's Partner!? The Leomon Way" .