| "Kyoto Dragon" |
(Kyodai Kyūkyoku Qinglongmon)
"Gigantic Ultimate, Qinglongmon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) December 17, 2000|
(En:) March 17, 2001
|Written by|| (Ja:) Genki Yoshimura|
(En:) Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Atsutoshi Umezawa|
| Chief Anim.|
The DigiDestined make a last stand to protect the Destiny Stone that is cut short by Azulongmon, a wise and powerful Digimon, who arrives to put an end to BlackWarGreymon's insane mission.
Protecting the destiny stone, they battle the goons. But BlackWarGreymon breaks through the protection, almost destroying the last stone! Then the dragon seen in the sky previously arises. He is known as Azulongmon, the guardian of the eastern hemisphere of the Digi-World. He tells BlackWarGreymon that he has a destiny and that is not to destroy those below him. He then leaves. Azulongmon then turns to the kids and explains to them that the control spires sealed his power and how armor digivolving came about. He also mentioned Light and Hope are the strongest elements in this battle against darkness. He then leaves, leaving the DigiDestined to try to interpret what he said. Back in the real world, Davis thinks he’s hallucinating when he says he saw a control spire there!
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
"BlackWarGreymon, you ask more questions than Cody does!"
- —How is Azulongmon so familiar with Cody?
Azulongmon: "You see, every life has a purpose; a reason for being. The circumstances surrounding its birth don't matter."
BlackWarGreymon: "You're saying my life has a purpose, too?"
Azulongmon: "Precisely, but it is up to you to find out what that purpose is."
- —Azulongmon finally gives BlackWarGreymon the answer to the question that had been plaguing him.
"Hey T.K., it's our crest!"
- —Does everything have to be about you, Kari?
T.K.: "Where there's light, there's always darkness."
Kari: "T.K's right, and the brighter the light is, the deeper the darkness."
- —T.K. and Kari give the others a crash course in dualism.
- When the new DigiDestined are shown holding their D-3s up to the Destiny Stone, each D-3 is shown in a single color.
- Azulongmon makes reference to the events of the previous series, Digimon Adventure, particularly those involving the Dark Masters.
- The flashback showing the original DigiDestined giving up their crests was previously shown in the episode Fusion Confusion.
- In the English dub, after Shakkoumon absorbs BlackWarGreymon's Terra Destroyer, T.K. refers to it as "Terra Force", which is WarGreymon's attack (though almost identical to Terra Destroyer).
- The English dub title may well be a variation on "Komodo dragon".
- Azulongmon says the famous movie line "You can't handle the truth" from A Few Good Men
- Azulongmon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.