This page is a general list of characters for the Digimon World series. For the Digimon World games on the Nintendo DS, known in Japan as the Digimon Story series, please see List of characters in the Digimon Story series. For the characters in Digimon World Data Squad, known in Japan as Digimon Savers: Another Mission, please see List of characters in Digimon Data Squad. For the characters in the video game Digimon World Re:Digitize and its upgraded port Digimon World Re:Digitize: Decode, please see List of characters in Digimon World Re:Digitize.
- The Protagonist (主人公 Shujinkou?, translated as "You" on the card) is the main character of Digimon World. One day, he goes to the park and sees his friends playing Digital Monster in a battle between MetalGreymon and MetalMamemon. After arriving home, he finds his mother's note, saying she would arrive home late, and hears a sound coming from his Digimon Pendulum, where a Koromon is calling him. He is then dragged to the Digimon World. After waking up in the Digimon World, the Protagonist thinks he's dreaming, but then Jijimon tells him it's not a dream, and shows him his Partner. Inside his house, Jijimon tells the boy that he brought him to the Digimon World to save File Island, as its inhabitants were losing their memory. He then asks the Protagonist to take his Partner to explore the island, find the cause of the danger, and get Digimon to come back. The Protagonist then leaves before Jijimon finishes talking. After entering in Native Forest, an Agumon attacks them. After he loses, and drops a sm recovery, the Protagonist invites him to the city, and he accepts.
- He can start with a number of Digimon, but the ending shows that he has a Mamemon, who calls him back to defeat a revived Analogman.
- Analogman is the main human villain and a hacker of great skill. He believes that Digimon should all be slaves to humankind. His Digimon partner is Machinedramon.
- Machinedramon is Analogman's partner, who the Protagonist fights and defeats on Mount Infinity. Afterward, the Protagonist can, once a month, go to the Back Dimension through Ogremon's Fortress in Great Canyon, Ice Sanctuary, or Grey Lord's Mansion. By traversing the Back Dimension successfully, the Protagonist faces a stronger version of Machinedramon. Defeating this Machinedramon, however, reveals it to be a regular Digimon (a Muchomon when accessed from Ogremon's Fortress, SnowAgumon from Ice Sanctuary, and Soulmon from Grey Lord's Mansion) merely corrupted into looking like Machinedramon by Analogman's lingering grudge. Jijimon congratulates the Protagonist on each victory with a "Chain Melon", while the Protagonist vows to deal with Machinedramon no matter how many times it comes back.
- After beating it at Mountain Infinity, Machinedramon becomes a playable Digimon in two-player mode. Machinedramon's stats are the same stats as the Digimon the Protagonist uses to beat him at Mount Infinity, and the moves it uses are Thunder Justice, All Range Beam, and Megaton Punch.
- The Protagonist's mother. She left a note in the table saying she would arrive home late, and arrives home after her son comes back from the Digital World.
- Magical Phantasy (マジカルファンシー Majikaru Fantashī?) is a beautiful Tamer who is always cheerful and lively. She is partnered to an Angemon.
- Captain Macho (キャプテン・マッチョ Kyaputen Maccho?) is an American Tamer who is partnered to a Leomon.
- Sekosuke Inken (陰険世古助 Inken Sekosuke?) is a Tamer partnered to a Kuwagamon.
- Unkokusai Kanou (嘉納雲谷斎 Kanou Unkokusai?) is a Tamer partnered to a Sukamon. His name is a pun on "feces smell" (運子臭い unko kusai?).
- Akira (アキラ?) is the main character of Digimon World 2. He had many different partners over the course of the game but he started out with the partners Patamon, Agumon, or DemiDevimon (which is canon to the story, but in-game Akira has the choice of becoming a Black Sword, Gold Hawk, or Blue Falcon Tamer). Later on, he also befriends a MetalGreymon in the BIOS Domain. His Digi-Beetle is named Gunner (ゼロガンナー Zero Gan'nā?, lit. "Zero Gunner").
- OverLord GAIA (オーバーロードＧＡＩＡ Ōbārōdo GAIA?) is the main antagonist of Digimon World 2. He is actually the mother computer used in a project called "GAIA", which happened in the real world. Despite being just a machine, GAIA has the ability to think and act on his own.
- Mission Chief Carol (カリル管理官 Kariru-kanrikan?, lit. "Commissioner Khalil")
- Bertran (ベルトラン Berutoran?) is Akira's chief rival and always attempts to outdo and surpass Akira with little success. He is partnered with a Digitamamon, an Okuwamon, a Ninjamon, a Tankmon, and a Deramon.
- Joy-Joy (リンリンシャオ Rin Rin Shao?, lit. "Lin Lin Shao") is Bertran's best friend and is always around him, trying to calm him down when he gets frustrated with Akira. Despite her friendship to Bertain, she seems to be fairly kind with Akira, although she does get mad at him when he defeats her Digimon in the Colosseum. She is partnered with a Monzaemon, a Deramon, a Starmon, a Ninjamon, and a Raremon.
- Kim (アユミ Ayumi?) is a Tamer who infiltrates the city and steals the Generator Parts from the Tamer's Club. She is thought to be a villain, but after Akira defeats her Digimon in Modem Domain he discovers that she was only borrowing the Generator Parts for her sister to invent something new for the Digital World. In the ending, it seems she becomes attracted to Akira. She is partnered with a Wizardmon, a Seadramon, an Akatorimon, and an Ogremon.
- Ben Oldman is the former leader of the Blue Falcons, went into hiding after the "Blood Knights Incident". He held the secret to reaching File Island. He is partnered with a Centarumon, a MetalMamemon, and a Meramon.
- Techna-Donna (ドランドナ Dorandona?) is Kim's sister, who gives Akira the Power Radar after he realizes that the standard radar isn't powerful enough for certain domains, specifically the Giga Domain.
- Professor Piyotte (ヒョット博士 Hyotto-hakase?, lit. "Professor Hyotto") is an expert in Digimon DNA and knows a great deal about Digimon and DNA digivolving. Akira comes to the professor to ask him where the Archive Ship is. He is partnered with a Yanmamon, a Syakomon, and an Ikkakumon.
The Blood Knights (ブラッドナイツ Buraddo Naitsu?) are a group of Guard Tamers who rebelled and started a war.
- Crimson (クリムゾン Kurimuzon?) is the leader of the Blood Knights. He eventually merges with ChaosBlackWarGreymon, ChaosMetalSeadramon, ChaosPiedmon, and Chaos Lord to become NeoCrimson, a powerful but uncontrollable Digimon who is killed by Akira. He is partnered with a Deltamon, an ExTyrannomon, a Myotismon, a Pumpkinmon, a SkullMammothmon, and a VenomMyotismon.
- Damien (ダメダボース Damedabōsu?) is a commander in the Blood Knights. He is often boastful but is constantly beaten by Akira. He tries to infiltrate the city by impersonating a Black Swords Tamer. He is partnered with a Cherrymon, an Etemon, a MegaKabuterimon (Blue), an Ogremon, a Puppetmon, and a RedVegiemon.
- Vandar (バンダール Bandāru?) is the leader of the Gold Hawks. He is partnered with a MetalMamemon, a Mamemon, and a PrinceMamemon.
- Esmeralda (エスメラルダ Esumeraruda?, Esp: Emerald) is a Gold Hawk Tamer who isn't very confident. Brian tries to comfort her, and she is also Akira's companion throughout the game. She is partnered with a Tentomon, a Biyomon, a Tapirmon, a Piddomon, an Unimon, and a Birdramon.
- Mark Shultz (アークシュルツ Āku Shurutsu?, lit. "Ark Shultz") is a Gold Hawk Tamer who tells Akira about a MetalGreymon in the BIOS Domain. Akira eventually befriends this MetalGreymon using the Toy Plane he gives Akira. He is partnered with a Saberdramon, a Gururumon, and a ShimaUnimon.
- Brian Wiseman (ブランワイスマン Buran Waisuman?, lit. "Bran Wiseman") is a high ranking Gold Hawk Tamer who seems to have a romantic interest in Esmeralda. He battles Akira in the Colosseum. He is partnered with a Garudamon, an AeroVeedramon, and a Mammothmon.
- Cecilia (セシリア Seshiria?) is the leader of the Blue Falcons and also the head trainer for students becoming Digimon Tamers. Akira joins her team after his last mission in becoming a Tamer is complete (canon to the story, but in-game Akira has the choice of joining the Black Swords or Gold Hawks). She is partnered with a Jijimon, a Magnadramon, and a MarineAngemon.
- Doug Duem (ヤルヤル Yaruyaru?) is a Blue Falcon Tamer who tries to be very aggressive but fails. He is partnered with a Elecmon, a Gotsumon, a Floramon, a Tyrannomon, and a Centarumon, Monochromon.
- Debbie (ヴィーヴィ Vīvi?, lit. "Vivi") is Blue Falcon Tamer who usually hangs around in the Tamer's Club, where she has her dancing Palmon that a Black Swords Tamer eventually falls in love with when Debbie leaves. She is partnered with a Palmon, a MoriShellmon, a JungleMojyamon, a Togemon, and three Mamemon.
- Zudokorn (ズドカーン Zudokān?) is a member of the Blue Falcons Guard Team and also someone that Akira looks up to. He helped Akira with his last mission to get his Taming License. He is partnered with a MegaSeadramon named Akagi (シドラン Shidoran?, lit. "Seadran"), a Lillymon named Naomi (リリーナ Rirīna?, lit. "Lilyna"), a Triceramon named Dinogon (トリケラス Torikerasu?, lit. "Triceras"), a Blossomon, a Deramon, and a Pumpkinmon. He lends the first three to Akira and uses the last three for Colosseum battles.
- Skull (スカール Sukāru?) is the leader of the Black Swords. He is partnered with a Hagurumon, a Puppetmon, and a DemiDevimon.
- Sheena (オトタテシナ Ototateshina?) is a Black Sword Tamer who isn't very confident and also informs Akira that Agumon was looking for him in the Digimon Trading Center. She is partnered with an Otamamon, a DemiDevimon, a Gazimon, a Gesomon, a Devimon, and a Guardromon.
- Chris Connor (クロンガンダー Kuron Gandā?, lit. "Chrome Gander") is a Black Sword Tamer who gives Akira a Toy Plane in the Digimon Trading Center. Later on, he goes to File Island and becomes confused by Gekomon in the Data Domain and mistakes Akira for an enemy. His partners are a Bakemon, Woodmon, Soulmon, Phantomon, Myotismon, Megadramon.
- Karen Bates (キルリベイト Kiruribeito?) is a high ranking Black Sword Tamer, who first appears at Angemon's house. Her partners are a Megadramon, a WaruMonzaemon, and a Tekkamon.
International Police S.A.P
International Police S.A.P is an international police agency who fight against terrorism.
- Lisa (リサ Risa?) is is the leader of the group that entered Digimon Online to investigate the A.o.A.
- Nick (ニック Nikku?) is a member.
- Keith (キース Kīsu?) is a member and partnered to a Triceramon, a Kuwagamon, and a Kunemon.
- Account Clerk (アカウントがかり Akaunto Gakari?) is a clerk in the MAGAMI Online Center.
- Operator (オペレーター Operētā?) is the responsible for the Chamber Room.
- Account Clerk (あんないがかり An'nai Gakari?, lit. "Usher") is the person who welcomes new players in the Login Room.
- Tamer Service (テイマー・サービス Teimā Sābisu?) is an attendant in the Main Lobby of Asuka City. She downloads the data of new players' Digimon Partners to their Satellites.
- Game Master (ゲームマスター Gēmu Mastā?) is partnered to a Minotarumon, a Gargoylemon, and a Persiamon.
- Seiryu Leader (セイリュウ・リーダー Seiryū Rīdā?) is partnered to a Minotarumon, a Tyrannomon, and an Apemon.
- Suzaku Leader (スザク・リーダー Suzaku Rīdā?) is partnered to a Woodmon, a RedVegiemon, and a ShogunGekomon.
- Fake Byakko Leader is partnered to two Numemon.
- Byakko Leader (ビャッコ・リーダー Byakko Rīdā?) is partnered to a Flymon, a Tortomon, and a Mamemon.
- Genbu Leader (ゲンブ・リーダー Genbu Rīdā?) is partnered to a Vikemon, a MetalEtemon, and an Antylamon.
- Ice Witch is partnered to a Frigimon, a MegaSeadramon, and a Mammothmon.
- Fire Knight is partnered to a Meramon, a SkullMeramon, and a BlueMeramon.
- Dark Knight is partnered to a SkullSatamon, a Devidramon, and a Vilemon.
- Tamer Genji (#1) (テイマー・ゲンじい Teimā Gen-jii?, lit. "Tamer Old Man Gen") is partnered to a Kuwagamon. He is the first player Junior meets in the Digital World. When Junior exits goes to Asuka City for the first time, Tamer Genji asks if he's a new a player and decides to battle him, telling the boy to not worry if he doesn't understand the rules and that gaining experience is the important thing. After Junior defeats him, Genji tells him that he has potential to become "World Champ", and tells him to go to the Digimon Lab and learn more about Digimon before leaving the city. He also tells him to go to Yellow Cruiser to learn about card Battles.
- Tamer Genji (#2) is partnered to two Kuwagamon.
- Tamer Natsumi is partnered to a Betamon, a Vegiemon, and a Kiwimon.
- Tamer Akiba is partnered to a Tapirmon.
- Tamer Chris is partnered to a Kuwagamon, a Flymon, and a Yanmamon.
- Tamer Tomomi is partnered to a Betamon, a Kiwimon, and a Vegiemon.
- Tamer Andy is partnered to a Triceramon and a Tuskmon.
- Tamer George is partnered to a Vademon and a Thundermon.
- Tamer Mei Lin is partnered to a DemiDevimon and a Bakemon.
- Tamer Catherine is partnered to two Kunemon and a Dokugumon.
- Tamer Lucia is partnered to a Goblimon and a Ogremon.
- Tamer Robert is partnered to a Crabmon, a Gizamon, and a Gekomon.
- Tamer Gordon is partnered to a Crabmon, a Gizamon, and a Gekomon.
- Tamer Alice is partnered to a Kunemon and two Dokugumon.
- Tamer Mitch is partnered to a Yanmamon, a Kuwagamon, and a Flymon.
- Tamer Bob is partnered to a Coelamon, a Kokatorimon, and an Airdramon.
- Tamer Jessica is partnered to a Seadramon, a Kokatorimon, and a Shellmon.
- Tamer Nakano is partnered to a Tapirmon.
- Tamer Makoto is partnered to a Brachiomon, a Deltamon, and a MetalTyrannomon.
- Tamer Brown is partnered to a Brachiomon, a Deltamon, and a MetalTyrannomon.
- Tamer Haruka is partnered to a Vilemon, a Phantomon, and a Mummymon.
- Tamer Poemy is partnered to a Dolphmon, a Monzaemon, and a ShogunGekomon.
- Tamer Pierre is partnered to a Crabmon, a Gizamon, and a Gekomon.
- Tamer Shingo is partnered to two Kuwagamon, and an Okuwamon.
- DRI Jimmy—Partners: Guilmon.
- DRI Johann—Partners: Agumon.
- DRI Kazuki—Partners: Patamon.
- DRI Michael—Partners: Renamon.
- DRI Ken—Partners: Kotemon.
- DRI Yuji—Partners: Bearmon.
- DRI Yang—Partners: Monmon.
- DRI Bob—Partners: Veemon.
Real World (Undersea Base Magasta)
- Mech Soldier is partnered to a Dragomon, a Pukumon and a Giromon.
- Royal Guard is partnered to a Whamon, a Vademon, and a Machinedramon.
Real World (Gunslinger Satellite)
- Metal Soldier is partnered to a Infermon, and an Apocalymon.
- Lord Megadeath is partnered to a Fuujinmon, a Suijinmon, and a Raijinmon.
- MAGAMI President is partnered to a MetalSeadramon, a VenomMyotismon, and a Raidenmon.
- Qing Long Chief (チンロン・チーフ Chinron Chīfu?) is partnered to a Deltamon, a Triceramon, and a Kimeramon.
- Zhu Que Chief (スーツェイ・チーフ Sūtsei Chīfu?) is partnered to a Cherrymon, a Scorpiomon, and a Snimon.
- Bai Hu Chief (バイフー・チーフ Baifū Chīfu?) is partnered to a Golemon, a Gryphonmon, and a Ebidramon.
- Xuan Wu Chief (シェンウー・チーフ Shen'Ū Chīfu?) is partnered to a Boltmon, a SkullMammothmon, and a Puppetmon.
- Ice Master is partnered to a Vikemon, an Antylamon, and a Scorpiomon.
- Fire Master is partnered to two Lynxmon, and a Creepymon.
- Dark Master is partnered to a Ghoulmon, a Piedmon, and an Infermon.
- Tamer Heinrich is partnered to a Vademon, a Thundermon, and a Pukumon.
- Tamer Murdock is partnered to a MarineDevimon, and a Dragomon.
- Tamer Takuya is partnered to a Kuwagamon, an Okuwamon, and a HerculesKabuterimon.
- Guard Banch is partnered to a Cyclonemon, and a Megadramon.
- Tamer Mai is partnered to a Hagurumon, a Clockmon, and a KingEtemon.
- Tamer Gon is partnered to a Kokatorimon, a Cherrymon, and an Ebidramon.
- Veemon, Guilmon, Agumon, Dorumon: The main protagonists.
- Leomon: A digimon commander of DSG who goes to investigate the mysterious Death Valley but is captured by evil digimon, later he is found in the Mecha Rogue X lab where his power is drained to create Mecha Rogue X1, he is saved but loses his memory of the operation.
- Ophanimon: One of the digimon chiefs of DSG who maintains order in the Digital World. Ophanimon is a male in this game.
- Seraphimon: Ophanimon's partner and a digimon chief of the DSG, he is reawakened by going into the freezer of DSG and turning on the computer. Seraphimon quickly fixes the system. Seraphimon is believed to be a digimon of great power. He is wise and apparently knows a lot about Mecha Rogue X.
- Mecha Rogue X: An experiment thought to be created by Yggdrasill.
Ryuuji Terano (寺野 竜児 Terano Ryuuji?) is a hot-blooded boy. His name is a pun on "dinosaur" (恐竜 kyouryuu?) and "tyrannosaurus" (ティラノサウルス tiranosaurusu?), as his main card is Tyrannomon. He uses the Hot-blooded Burst Dragon Deck (熱血爆竜デック Nekketsu Bakuryuu Dekku?).
- Hot-blooded Burst Dragon Deck
- Three Master Tyrano
- Two Flarerizamon
- Two Tyrannomon
- Three Vegiemon
- Four Agumon
- Two Muchomon
- Three Patamon
- Two Biyomon
- Two Attack Chip
- Attack Plug-in O
- Attack Plug-in Δ
- Attack Plug-in X
- Two Recovery Floppy
- Wild Buster Combo: Uses a Tyrannomon and a Vegiemon cards.
- Zokusei Change Shinka (属性チェンジ進化? lit. "Atribute Change Evolution"): Uses a Flarerizamon card.
- Phantom Immortal Clan Deck
- Three Bakemon
- Two Devimon
- Two IceDevimon
- Three Soulmon
- Two Aruraumon
- Two DoKunemon
- Two Shamanmon
- Two SnowGoblimon
- Two Tsukaimon
- The Bone That Calls Death
- Devil Chip
- Digimon Graveyard
- Two Jump Evolution
- Kousoku Shinka Goroshi (高速進化殺し? lit. "High-speed Evolution Murder"): Uses the Hacking card.
- Devil Drain Combo: Uses a Devil Chip, a Soulmon, and other cards.
In the card tournament, Naomi loses against Yuusuke Kurayami in the second battle.
Bakuzou Ooedo (大江戸 爆造 Ooedo Bakuzou?) is a fireworks artisan who loves explosions. Bakuzou's name is a pun on "explosion" (爆破 bakuha?) and his main card is Tekkamon. He uses Strong Man of Explosions Deck (爆破の鉄人デック Bakuha no Tetsujin Dekku?).
In the card tournament, Bakuzou loses against Yuusuke Kurayami in the fourth battle.
Fuku Mitarai (御手洗 フク Mitarai Fuku?) is a character in the Digital Card Battle: Official Master Guide. She uses the Trashcan Scoop Deck (ゴミばこポイデック Gomi Bako Poi Dekku?) and her main card is the Back Dimension.
In the card tournament, O.B. loses against Ryuuji Terano in the third battle.
- The protagonist in this game is a new Card Tamer entering the Digital World. The protagonist is dressed similarly to the Digimon World Protagonist, but his appearance is only a virtual avatar of the true protagonist; his name defaults to just "PLAYER".