* (w/ Mummymon)
|Voice actors||(Ja:) Yoshiyuki Kōno (Xros Wars), Shigeru Chiba (Hacker's Memory)|
(En:) Matthew Mercer (Fusion)
Matadormon is an Undead Digimon and a carrier of the X Antibody whose name and design are derived from the Matador. It is a bloodsucking martial artist Digimon that performs a magnificent dance. It is said that it was born from the folk-dance database of a certain museum, and that it has mastered the unique steps of "Burudoggu" (武舞独繰? lit. "Bulldog"). It uses its fluttering garment to deceive the opponent, and when the opponent drops its guard from a glance at the soft-colored cloth, it falls upon them with the countless rapiers stocked on its arms. Because it is a vampire, it can't survive unless it sucks a Digimon's blood, but as not just anyone will do, it seeks only the blood of strong Digimon and seems to constantly be moving from place to place.
Digimon World DS
Matadormon digivolves from Sangloupmon.
Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
Matadormon is #261, and is an Ultimate-level, Speed-class, Dark-species Digimon with a resistance to the Dark element and weakness to the Light element. Its basic stats are 226 HP, 238 MP, 122 Attack, 104 Defense, 116 Spirit, 119 Speed, and 55 Aptitude. It possesses the Speed 4, DarkBreath4, and Dodge Dance traits.
It dwells in the Shadow Abyss.
Matadormon digivolves from Sangloupmon and can digivolve to Piedmon. In order to digivolve or degenerate to Matadormon, your Digimon must be at least level 35, with 3900 Dark experience and 175 speed.
Matadormon can also DNA digivolve from Fugamon and Vilemon, if the base Digimon is at least level 30, with 3100 Dark experience, and 195 speed. Matadormon can DNA digivolve to Beelzemon with Mummymon, or to Rosemon with Lillymon.
Digimon Story: Lost Evolution
Matadormon is #172, and is an Ultimate-level, Speed-class, Dark-species Digimon with a resistance to the Dark element and a weakness to the Holy element. It possesses the Death Guard, Sleep Guard, and High Speed Evasion traits, and has the special skill Tree Cut.
It dwells in the Wizard Temple. When defeated, it can drop the debug plate for Sangloupmon.
- Assault of Arrows (Thousand Arrow): Unleashes an attack from the rapiers stocked on its arms.
- Burudoggu (武舞独繰? lit. "War-dance of a Single Spin")
- Earth-Shattering Stomp (蝶絶喇叭蹴 Chouzetsu Rappashū?, lit. "Butterfly-breaking Trumpet-kick"): Attacks with a mighty kicking technique drawn from the Burudoggu martial arts.
Notes and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Digimon Masters
- ↑ Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
- ↑ B2-075: Matadoramon
- ↑ B2-099: Home of Matadramon
- ↑ This name is a pun, as "Bulldog", pronounced here as "Burudoggu", is read literally as "War-dance of a Single Spin".
- ↑ Digimon Reference Book: Matadrmon
- ↑ "Butterfly-breaking" (蝶絶 Chouzetsu?) is a pun on "Transcendent" (超絶 Chouzetsu?).