|DigiFuse forms||DigiFuse Chart|
|Voice actors||(Ja:) Reiko Kiuchi (Adventure 02)|
(En:) Richard Epcar (Adventure 02)
Monochromon is a Dinosaur Digimon whose name and design are derived from the Monoclonius. Its name is also a pun on "monochrome", refering to its black and white coloration.
Another Monochromon is used by Etemon to pull his transport, while a group of them are stationed outside of Datamon's Pyramid. These Monochromon are sucked into the vortex of Etemon's Dark Network along with the Tyrannomon and Gazimon, when Datamon infects it with a virus and drives it out of control.
Digimon Adventure: Anode/Cathode Tamer
Monochromon are recruitable enemies in Continent's Fortress, Shrine of Evil—Left, and Millenniummon's Lair.
Digimon Adventure 02
A Monochromon is controlled by one of the Digimon Emperor's Dark Rings. It attacks the DigiDestined when they find the Digi-Egg of Courage and chases after them when they flee. It then engages Flamedramon in a fight and is freed from the Dark Ring by his "Fire Rockets".
Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers
Monochromon are normal enemies in Ryo's side of Gear Base 2.
Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer
Monochromon are enemies in the Black Egg's Crevasse.
The Monochromon card, titled "Volcano ST", is a Rank 3 card which teaches a Digimon the Volcano Strike technique. Volcano Strike raises PP while immobile.
Digimon Data Squad
According to SaberLeomon, a Monochromon was among the Digimon deleted by Akihiro Kurata's forces 10 years before the series. Another Monochromon appears in the stasis tube's in Kurata's lab.
Digimon Xros Wars (manga)
Digital Monster X-Evolution
A Monochromon allows the Protagonist to work in his shop in Great Canyon. If the Protagonist makes 3000 or more profit in one round of being at the shop, he then says it was a test and joins the city. Afterwards, his employment to the shop brings the Protection Floppy which prevents status ailments and costs 1200 bits each.
During the mini game, the Protagonist's actions with a customer determine the next customer.
Digimon World 2
Digimon Digital Card Battle
The Monochromon card is #017 and is a Champion level Fire-type card with 950 HP, needing 40 DP to digivolve into, and worth 10 DP in the DP Slot. Its attacks are:
- "Volcanic Strike": inflicts 540 damage.
- "Big Blaze": inflicts 260 damage.
- "Guarding Tusk": inflicts 200 damage, and sets the opponents attacks to 0.
Digimon World Dawn/Dusk
Monochromon is #181, and is a Champion-level, Attacker-class, Dragon-species Digimon with a resistance to the Fire element and weakness to the Water element. Its basic stats are 170 HP, 167 MP, 113 Attack, 99 Defense, 63 Spirit, 73 Speed, and 38 Aptitude. It possesses the Protect 3 and Fire Aura3 traits.
Monochromon can DNA Digivolve from Agumon and Gotsumon, if the base Digimon is at least level 15, with 150 Insect-Plant experience and 110 defense. Monochromon can DNA digivolve to MameTyramon with Shellmon or Ebidramon, to Triceramon with MoriShellmon, or to SkullGreymon with Ebidramon.
Monochromon can be hatched from the Drago DigiEgg.
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
Monochromon is #132 and is a Earth Data Type, Champion level Digimon and uses 6 memory. It digivolves from BlackAgumon and Hackmon and can digivolve to Triceramon, SkullGreymon and MetalTyrannomon. Its special attack is Volcanic Strike and its support skill is Iron Clad Defence which increases Defence by 15%.
- Volcanic Strike (Volcano Strike): Fires large fire balls from his mouth at his enemies, causes explosion if hit.
- Slamming Attack (Horn Strike)
- Gaudy Tusk: Crushes opponent with its horn.
(モノクロモンＸ抗体 Monochromon X-Antibody)
- Volcanic Strike (Volcano Strike): Shoots large fire balls from his mouth at his enemies.
- Tomahawk Slash: Attacks the opponent with his large blade horn.
Notes and references
- ↑ Digimon Adventure 02, "Digimon World Tour, Part III" 
- ↑ Digimon Adventure: Anode Tamer (WSC) FAQ/Walkthrough by Sleight1 GameFAQs (2006-04-06) Retrieved on 2009-06-13.
- ↑ Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers FAQ by Ajora Fravashi To Bring Back Yesterday (2005-05-05) Retrieved on 2009-06-19.
- ↑ Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer (WSC) FAQ/Walkthrough by Ajora Fravashi GameFAQs (2003-07-05) Retrieved on 2009-06-09.