| "Ogremon's Honor" |
風よ! 光よ! サーベルレオモン
(Kaze yo! Hikari yo! SāberuReomon)
"Oh Wind! Oh Light! SaberLeomon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) February 6, 2000|
(En:) April 22, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Atsushi Maekawa|
(En:) Rebecca Forstadt, John Ludin
|Directed by||(Ja:) Takao Yoshizawa|
| Chief Anim.|
Thanks to Leomon, Mimi and Joe find refuge from MetalEtemon in an abandonded restaurant, whilst the rest of the group take the fight to Puppetmon's doorstep.
SynopsisSaberLeomon takes Mimi, Joe, and Ogremon to a place near the restaurant where Joe was forced to work once. Meanwhile Puppetmon attacks Tai, Sora, Izzy, TK, and Kari with an army of RedVegiemon, which are defeated. Eventually the Digimon digivolve to their strongest forms and fight Puppetmon, gaining the advantage. However Puppetmon brings his mansion to life and it attacks them. MetalEtemon finds Mimi, Joe, and Leomon, who digivolves into SaberLeomon and fights MetalEtemon. During the fight, MetalEtemon shoots an energy blast at Mimi, which SaberLeomon sacrifices himself to save her from. Zudomon dents MetalEtemon's armor with his hammer, allowing SaberLeomon to finish him off by impaling him with his claw. However Leomon gets deleted as well, but not before making peace with his rival, Ogremon. In the forest, MetalGarurumon confronts Puppetmon and easily destroys him. The forest part of Spiral Mountain disappears. After the battle against Puppetmon, Matt and MetalGarurumon leave the group, after a brief part of the battle but with Puppetmon defeated, The forest starts to disappear....
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
| Special Move|
|Izzy: "RedVegiemon have extremely volatile tempers. That's why their faces are always red—not exactly the friendly type."|
| Ancient Beast|
| Special Move|
|Gomamon: "SaberLeomon may have a heart of gold, but he'll crush his opponents with his claws of steel."|
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
"Keep running, kids! I don't want to catch you!"
- —WarGreymon is being controlled by Puppetmon's strings and being made to attack his human partner and friends.
Puppetmon: "Now, MetalGarurumon, sock it to 'em! Hey, this isn't working here! Remember, you're supposed to obey me! I'm the boss!"
Matt: "Think again."
- —Matt and MetalGarurumon arrive just in time to save the day.
"Sniveling is for babies, and I've done too much of that all ready."
- —Mimi realizes that she must do her part and help her friends defeat the Dark Masters.
Puppetmon: "Cherrymon... what is it that those kids have.. that I don't?"
- —Puppetmon faces the truth of his downfall.
- During several moments throughout the episode, Ogremon's left leg, which should have a black band on it, instead has the same red band as his right leg.
- When Mimi is hugging Leomon, Gomamon's mane is shown as purple instead of its usual orange-red color.
- In the shot after Gekomon and Otamamon had finished telling Joe, Mimi, Gomamon, Palmon, Leomon and Ogremon what had happened to their castle home, Ogremon's right eye is grey instead of blue.
- When Mimi clenched her fists on her dress, Joe's left wristband is colored green instead of yellow.
- When WarGreymon attacks Puppetmon from above with his claws, one frame shows the red section on the armor plate on his right leg is colored gray.
- When WarGreymon jumps in front of Tai and Sora, one frame shows the red sections on the armor plates on his legs are colored gray.
- Just before digivolving to his Ultimate form, Kabuterimon's lower jaw is colored pink instead of blue.
- When Puppetmon is hit by MegaKabuterimon's attack, a brief moment is removed from the English dub showing Puppetmon being thrown by the resulting explosion.
- In the original version, Cherrymon's voice is not heard in response to Puppetmon's question as to what it was the children had that he didn't.
- The episode did not originally end with the group walking along a desert road. This clip was added onto the end of the English dub episode, and taken from the next episode, My Sister's Keeper.
- The Japanese episode title is a homage to the opening theme of the TV series Kaiketsu Lion-Maru, whose protagonist may have been a concept inspiration for Leomon.
- SaberLeomon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- When Leomon digivolves, he's actually warp digivolving from the Champion level to the Mega level (something which the English dub fails to point out).
- Leomon gained the power to digivolve from being exposed to the light of the Digivice on several occasions in the series.
- Out of all the Dark Masters, Puppetmon lasts the longest against the DigiDestined, as he spent most of his time playing with them, rather than actually battling.
- Two of the show's most major villains, Puppetmon and Etemon (aka. MetalEtemon), are destroyed in this episode.
- This is the first and only episode of the season in which the song "Change Into Power" is featured.