Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Oikawa's Shame |
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) March 11, 2001|
(En:) May 12, 2001
|Written by|| (Ja:) Hiro Masaki|
(En:) Seth Walther
|Directed by||(Ja:) Hiroki Shibata|
| Chief Anim.|
The final phase of Oikawa's plan is set in motion, though the result is far from what he dreamed of, and he soon comes face to face with the true mastermind behind this entire scheme.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
Demon Lord Digimon
Melting Blood, Pandæmonium Flame
|Gatomon: "He's nothing but a deadly, blood-sucking fiend. Nothing is as evil as MaloMyotismon!"|
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
- The Brazilian dub of this episode doesn't seem able to figure out what MaloMyotismon's name should be. He is "Malon Yotismon" in the episode title, "MaloMyotismon" according to the DigiDestined, "Myotismon" to Gatomon, and "BelialVamdemon" to himself. Even worse, the Digimon Analyzer claims that MaloMyotismon evolved from BelialVamdemon.
- In "The Battle for Earth", Kari waves goodbye to her parents when going to the Digital World, the DigiDestined float in a single row, Joe and Gomamon are on Tai's left side, and the rainbow bridge is computer-animated. However, in Oikawa's flashback Kari is not waving, the DigiDestined float in two rows, Joe and Gomamon are on Tai's right side, and the rainbow bridge is traditionally animated.
- When Izzy's mother leaves, Gatomon's nose appears to be missing.
- In a shot after Oikawa cries, the purple tip of Gatomon's right ear is colored white.
- Originally, the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that Izzy's mother offered the DigiDestined were riceballs.
- In the English, French, Dutch, Polish, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, and Hebrew dubs, Oikawa identifies the children as the DigiDestined when he sees them in his flashback as they returned to the Digital World to fight the Dark Masters.
- Originally, MaloMyotismon makes no sound when he grabs Arukenimon. In the dub, he viciously growls when he grabs her.
- When opening the gate, Oikawa uses a card method similar to that used by the DigiDestined in the Digimon Adventure episode It's All In The Cards. The only difference here is that, where Tai decided to place the Gomamon card, Oikawa places the Agumon card instead (perhaps under the influence of Myotismon, who's also been seen using the card method. This could very well be what causes the gate to lead to another world, rather than BlackWarGreymon's sealing of the gate, which may have had no influence at all.
- MaloMyotismon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.