"The Eighth Child Revealed" 
|Voice actors||(Ja:) Yuka Tokumitsu (Adventure/02/next 0rder), Yōko Asada (Frontier)|
(En:) Edie Mirman (Adventure/02), Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Frontier)
Salamon is a Mammal Digimon. It is a Holy-species Digimon child characterized by its lop ears. Because it is still very young, it is unable to manifest its holy powers, and isn't even aware of its own mission. For that reason it is naturally insecure, so it can become either good or evil. However, the time will come someday when Salamon, who was born as a Holy-species Digimon, will awaken to its mission as one of the "Virus Busters". Also, Salamon is an experimental Digimon that was created by Digimon researchers, and because it was made to imitate the pets that live with humans, it has an appearance close to that of a real animal. Salamon wears a Holy Ring around its neck.
- Puppy Howling: Completely paralyzes the opponent with a super-high pitched bark.
- Petty Punch (Petit Punch): Rapidly punches the opponent.
- Sledge Crash (Sledge Dash): Rams into foe at full speed.
- Plotmon (プロットモン)
Official romanization given by the Digimon Reference Book and used throughout the Japanese version of the franchise.
- Plot (プロット Purotto?). From the Plott Hound dog breed (プロット・ハウンド Purotto Haundo?), and also a pun on "Prototype" (プロトタイプ Purotaipu?), as Salamon is said to be an experimental Digimon.
Name used in American English materials.
Digimon Adventure 02
Kari's son has a Salamon as his Digimon.
Digimon World Data Squad
The DATS first encounter Salamon in the Sneyato Forest. She will give them special items if they have enough DigiEggs. If they don't, she will give them a status report on their Digimon and their progress in the game. Lalamon can digivolve into Salamon if the DATS have a Holy Ring, which they can get from Salamon by trading digieggs.
A Salamon is seen fighting a Patamon on the Battle Stage in the Net Game World.
Digimon World 3
Salamon is only available as a White Rookie Card with 0/5.
Digimon World -next 0rder-
Salamon is a playable character that digivolves to Gatomon.
Digimon World DS
Digimon World Dawn and Dusk
Salamon is #042 in Digimon World Dawn and Dusk, and is a Balance-class Holy species Digimon with a resistance to the Light element and a weakness to the Dark element. Its basic stats are 105 HP, 119 MP, 76 Attack, 59 Defense, 64 Spirit, 61 Speed, and 20 Aptitude. It possesses the Halo 2 and Death Ward 1 traits.
Salamon can be hatched from the Pink Digi-Egg or Holy Patterned Digi-Egg.
Digimon World Championship
Digimon Story: Lost Evolution
Salamon is a Vaccine Rookie Digimon who digivolves from Nyaromon at level 11. The "Salamon T.F.U." item turns the player's current partner into a Salamon, maintaining its level but resetting its skill and stat points. Salamon can also be found in the Forest of Learning, where it is a level 12 enemy. Salamon's unique drop is Salamon's Fur, eight of which are needed to create a Digi-Egg of Hope. It has a stat build of 2-3-2-1 as a captured Digimon and a stat build of 3-3-2-2 as an enemy Digimon. Salamon's Skill 1 is Sledge Dash, which is a proximity single target skill, and its Skill 2 is Puppy Howling, which is a distant five target skill. Salamon gains the ability to digivolve to Gatomon at level 21, Angewomon at level 31, and Ophanimon at level 41. It can digivolve its Gatomon form, using the "Evolutor" item, to Goatmon with the Digi-Egg of Hope, Rabbitmon with the Digi-Egg of Friendship, and Nefertimon with the Digi-Egg of Light.
Notes and references
- ↑ 2000 Bandai D-Terminal English toy
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Digimon Adventure, "The Eighth Child Revealed" 
- ↑ Digimon World Dawn
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Digimon Masters
- ↑ Digimon Encyclopedia: Voice Actors: Digimon Adventure Character List
- ↑ Digimon Encyclopedia: Digimon Frontier Cast List
- ↑ Digimon Frontier (manhua)
- ↑ Digimon Reference Book: Plotmon
- ↑ This attack retains its original name of "Petit Punch" in Digimon Digital Card Battle.
- ↑ This attack retains its original name of "Sledge Dash" in Digimon Battle.