| "Prophecy" |
(Fukkatsu! Maō VenomVamdemon)
"Revival! The Demon Lord VenomVamdemon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) November 28, 1999|
(En:) February 19, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Hiro Masaki|
(En:) Ardwight Chamberlain, John Ludin
|Directed by||(Ja:) Hiroyuki Kakudou|
| Chief Anim.|
With the mysterious fog still looming, the group try to decode a prophecy which, according to Gennai, holds the key to defeating Myotismon once and for all.
Despite Myotismon's apparent defeat, his fog barrier continues to loom over the district even thicker than before. As everyone tries to decide on the next course of action, Izzy receives an incoming message on his laptop from Gennai, who claims to have found a way of defeating Myotismon once and for all. He then shows them an ancient prophecy describing a sky darkened by many bats, the rising of an undead king, and a miracle at the hands of angels, but it only confuses the children. In the meantime, their thoughts turn to their families, so the children set off to find them and make sure they're okay. At his house, Joe finds only his brother Jim, who's been hiding in a closet, but cannot find his parents. Once Joe returns, the group decides to split up, with one portion going to the convention center and the other trying to find a way through the thickening fog barrier.
Joe and his brother Jim arrive at the convention center first, giving them a brief chance to talk about Joe's future career as a doctor, which seems to be something that Joe's father wants, rather than Joe himself. Their discussion is cut short as the others begin to arrive. After clearing the convention center of Myotismon's minions, the children find their parents, in a deep sleep with the rest of the people from the district. Nothing seems to wake up them. Jim takes the opportunity to finish the conversation from earlier, telling Joe that he should be aiming for what he wants in life, even if his father doesn't approve.
On the water, the other group, consisting of Matt, T.K. and their father Hiroaki, can find no way through the fog. They head back to the shore, only to be ambushed by a pack of Gizamon. Retreating back to the nearby van only worsens things, as the Gizamon tip the van on its side. Just when it seems like there's no way out, the Gizamon mysteriously vanish, the only clue to their disappearance being a cloud of bats—the first part of the ancient prophecy.
Back at the convention center, Izzy's parents are also taking the opportunity to talk to Izzy, and decide to reveal the truth concerning Izzy's adoption, which he had long been in denial about. Izzy also confesses to how his obsession with computers came as a result of this denial. By the end of the conversation, Izzy and his parents seem closer than ever before. Tentomon, who was watching nearby, is tearfully touched because of this.
Meanwhile, the people in the convention center suddenly begin chanting Myotismon's name, and the DigiDestined are reminded of Gennai's prophecy. From it, they conclude that Myotismon will reveal his true form at six seconds past 6:06—"the hour of the beast". This gives the group mere minutes to make their way back the TV station, where a cloud of bats are gathering. a flash of light, and the collapse of the TV station reveal the beast that is VenomMyotismon. Agumon and Gabumon are quick to react, and digivolve to their Champion forms. It's soon obvious that this isn't enough, as they're met by a strong opposing wind, and DemiDevimon's taunting words. Though, DemiDevimon soon pays the price for his evil actions, and is consumed by his own master. Greymon and Garurumon digivolve further to Ultimate, and they manage to at least hold VenomMyotismon off, as Hiroaki, Tai and Matt rush back to the convention center to evacuate everyone.
Of course, they soon face the truth that they'll never get everyone away in time, leaving them with only one option—to fight. Gatomon is first to suggest this, though insists that only she and Patamon go. So the two digivolve to their angelic forms, and soon join the fight. Meanwhile, Izzy continues to study the rest of the prophecy, and the message soon becomes clear—Angemon and Angewomon must fire arrows of hope and light at Matt and Tai. Of course, this seems like an odd solution, but by this point, the group is willing to try almost anything. So, Tai and Matt brace themselves as the angel Digimon prepare to shoot. The arrows strike, and a flash of light is emitted from the two DigiDestined, causing Agumon and Gabumon to react, as they're thrust into a new type of Digivolution, sending them past the Champion and Ultimate stages, and onto the Mega stage—WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon are the resulting miracle.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
| Special Move|
|Izzy: "They digivolved, Mom. Angemon is the fully evolved form of Patamon..."|
| Special Move|
|Izzy: "...and Angewomon is the same for Gatomon. You see? Well, trust me on this."|
| Special Move|
|Izzy: "Hmm, I thought he was fully evolved, but he found some way of digivolving into an even higher level."|
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
"The sky will be darkened by the wings of many bats. The fallen people will invoke the name of the undead Digimon king and when the clock strikes the hour of the beast, the undead king will reveal himself in his true form as the beast. Then angels will shoot arrows of hope and light at the loved ones of those they've been sent to protect, and a miracle will happen. Please always recycle."
- —The Prophecy, translated by Gennai.
"For once in your life, Joe, you actually sound like you know what you're talking about."
- —Jim may be confused, but he's still able to crack jokes about his brother.
Jim: "Now calm down! I'm not saying he's not smart enough! I'm just saying it'll be kind of hard for him to be a doctor when he passes out at the sight of blood!"
Bukamon: "Yep, that's my pal Joe!"
- —Jim tells Bukamon a little more about Joe.
"If you save us, we'll give you anything you want, including candy!"
- —Gabumon attempts to get help to brave the fog barrier.
"We were better off lost in the fog!"
- —Matt & T.K.'s father comments as the Gizamon catch them off guard.
Mr. Izumi: "We just want you to know that we love you, Izzy."
Mrs. Izumi: "You see, as far we're concerned, you are our real son, nothing can ever change that."
Izzy: (breaks down crying) "Mom!" (hugs mother)
- — A crying Izzy finally accepts his adoption
"It's times like this I wish I had a digi-mommy!"
- —A crying Tentomon observes a tender moment between Izzy and his parents.
"Sounds like triple six is our unlucky number."
- —Tai comments on "the hour of the beast".
Tai: "Is that Myotismon?"
Matt: "He's been taking steroids."
- —Tai and Matt can't believe what they're seeing when VenomMyotismon appears.
Tai: "Did it work?"
VenomMyotismon: "More energy!"
Matt: "That answer your question?"
- —Tai is more hopeful than Matt at the efforts of MetalGreymon and WereGarurumon.
"Dad, this is the fate of the planet we're dealing with, the survival of the human race! Don't worry, I can take a make up test for anything I miss."
- —Izzy can't believe his dad's worried about his school work at a time like this.
Izzy's mother: "Maybe they're like Cupid, he was sort of an angel. When he shot arrows, they were arrows of love."
Izzy: "Mom, isn't that a little corny?"
Tentomon: "It may be corny, but I buy it. All we've got to do is get Angemon and Angewomon to do is hit you guys with their arrows of love!"
- —Tentomon is easily persuaded by the Cupid argument.
"What if you get, like, dead or something?"
- —T.K. doesn't want his brother to get hurt.
T.K.: "I know this maybe sounds crazy, but shoot Matt and Tai with your arrows!"
Angemon: "He's right."
Angewomon: "Sounds crazy."
- —Angemon and Angewomon aren't sure what to think about this sort of logic.
Matt: "Scared, Tai?"
Tai: "No, not at all. How about you, Matt?"
Matt: "Course not. Piece of cake. But maybe I'll just... hang on to you to make sure you don't chicken out or anything."
Tai: "Yeah, right. I'll do the same for you, buddy."
- —Tai and Matt try to hide their fear as they put their lives at risk.
- When the group look at Gennai's e-mail, the scleras of T.K.'s eyes, and the pupils of Agumon, Gabumon, Patamon and Gatomon's eyes are missing.
- When the group arrive at the apartment building, the black band on Tai's left arm is missing.
- When Matt's father steps forward to explain the situation to Izzy's parents, the yellow stripes on Tai's shirt are missing.
- In a front shot of Mimi rejoining the others, the beads on the string of her hat are colored red for a brief moment.
- When Joe and Bukamon are searching the apartment, Joe's left wristband is colored completely green.
- When Joe rejoins the group, part of Agumon and Gabumon's bodies are missing.
- When the Digimon charge down the escalator, Biyomon's feet are colored pink instead of yellow.
- When the Digimon defeat the Bakemon, Palmon's fingers are completely purple.
- When Tai and the others are heading down the escalator in the convention center, Matt is seen with the group, even though he's actually on the river with T.K. and his father, trying to get through Myotismon's fog bank.
- When Matt's group gets out of the van, the final frame shows T.K. visible through Gabumon's left arm.
- When VenomMyotismon unleashes his initial wind attack, Greymon is shown as if to have fur covering his body.
- When DemiDevimon is being consumed by VenomMyotismon, part of his lower body, normally colored black, is instead the same color as his upper body.
- In a back shot of Tai, Matt and Matt's father looking at VenomMyotismon, the black band on Tai's left arm is missing.
- When MetalGreymon and WereGarurumon charge towards VenomMyotismon, the red section on MetalGreymon's robotic arm is colored gray and its claws are white, as if non-metallic.
- After Gatomon says they have to defeat VenomMyotismon, the black markings between Tentomon's eyes are missing and Joe's left wristband is colored green instead of yellow.
- When Gatomon says the other Digimon have to stay behind, the black markings between Tentomon's eyes are missing again.
- In a shot of T.K. and Kari running, the buttons on Kari's shirt are missing.
- In a close-up shot of Izzy before Patamon and Gatomon digivolve, his Digivice is missing.
- In several shots of Angemon and Angewomon flying, Angewomon only has 5 wings.
- In a shot of Angemon and Angewomon telling VenomMyotismon they will destroy him again, the section of blue cloth going between Angemon's left arm and right leg is missing.
- When the van gets to Agumon and Gabumon, the nails on Gabumon's fur coat are colored white instead of violet.
- In a shot of Tai and Matt with their Digimon after Izzy analyses VenomMyotismon, the blue sections at the back of Tai's shoes are missing.
- When Tentomon puts himself up as an example for the fourth part of the prophecy, his upper arms are colored red instead of green.
- When Izzy's father deduces the meaning of the loved ones, the lower areas of Tai, Matt and their Digimon's bodies are misdrawn.
- After a brief shot of Cupid, the black sections between Tentomon's eyes are missing again.
- When Tentomon says Angemon and Angewomon must fire arrows at Tai and Matt, his left upper arm is the same green color as his eyes.
- In a close-up shot of T.K. and Kari with their crests, the buttons on Kari's shirt are missing.
- When Agumon and Gabumon tell their partners to stop, the stripes on Gabumon's fur coat are a darker tone of blue.
- When Angemon and Angewomon throw the arrow, Angewomon has no mouth.
- Right near the end of the episode, the armor plate on WarGreymon's left hip is the same color as his skin, and the red section on MetalGarurumon's hind leg is the same color as his armor (this shot does not feature in the English dub).
- There is no "please always recycle" at the end of the prophecy in the Japanese version.
- Removing actual physical violence that shows direct contact of VenomMyotismon knocking MetalGreymon out of the sky.
- Izzy claims that Angemon is Patamon's "fully-evolved form", despite Gennai previously explaining that the Crests would allow each of the DigiDestined's Digimon to digivolve further.
- In the original version, before Tai and Matt are hit by Angemon and Angewomon's arrows, Tai's image song, I'll Turn My Courage Into Wings, is played in the background.
- In the original version, Tai and Matt admit that they are scared, albeit after a brief attempt at denial.
- A shot at the very end of the episode showing WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon standing in front of VenomMyotismon is removed from the English dub.
- The prophecy takes place as follows:
- Part 1: "The sky will be darkened by the wings of many bats."—Myotismon's bats gather energy to restore him to power.
- Part 2: "The fallen people will invoke the name of the undead Digimon king."—The people sleeping in the convention centre chant "Myotismon, lord and master".
- Part 3: "When the clock strikes the hour of the beast, the undead king will reveal himself in his true form as the beast."—At 6 seconds past 6:06pm, Myotismon reappears as VenomMyotismon.
- Part 4: "Then angels will shoot arrows of hope and light at the loved ones of those they've been sent to protect, and a miracle will happen."—Angemon and Angewomon shoot arrows at Matt and Tai, respectively, causing Agumon and Gabumon to warp digivolve into WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon.
- The hour of the beast being 666 is a reference to the book of Revalation in the Bible, where the number of the name of the Antichrist, who is said to be indwelt by satan halfway through the Tribulation, is 666.
- VenomMyotismon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.