Sandiramon is an Exalted Beast Digimon whose name is derived from the mythological Śaṇḍilya. It is the "Snake" Deva, and serves the Digimon Sovereign Zhuqiaomon. As a follower of Zhuqiaomon, it is the most cunning and cruel among the Deva. It doesn't like to decide matches in an instant, and prefers to instead choke the life out of the opponent while tormenting them bit by bit. It usually lives deep beneath the ground, and subterranean maneuvers are its specialty. During battle, it can produce a spear made of light, the "Bǎo Kuí" (宝鉾? lit. "Treasure Lance"), from its mouth, and skillfully wield it with its tail wrapped around it like a hand. Although the Bǎo Kuí vanishes once it slashes the opponent, as long as Sandiramon's energy lasts, it can spit out any number of them, and they will not degrade in sharpness.
- Venom Axe (Krishńa): Impales the opponent by thrashing its body and then powerfully vomiting up a Bǎo Kuí.
- Bǎo Kuí (宝戣? lit. "Treasure Lance")
Notes and references
- ↑ Digimon Reference Book: Sandiramon
- ↑ Internet Sacred Text Archive, retrieved 08/31/07; Vishnu Purana, Ch. VI: "He who causes impotence, trespasses on others' lands, is impure, or who lives by fraud, is punished in the hell called (black, or) Krishńa."
- ↑ The symbol used in Digimon materials is 鉾 ( Móu?, lit. "Spear"), but it is pronounced Kuí, indicating that it is used as an approximation of the non-Japanese word, 戣 ( Kuí?, lit. "Lance").