| "Sora's Crest of Love" |
(Kagayaku Tsubasa! Garudamon)
"Shining Wings! Garudamon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) September 5, 1999|
(En:) November 13, 1999
|Written by|| (Ja:) Atsushi Maekawa|
(En:) Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Hiroyuki Kakudou|
| Chief Anim.|
With most of the group reunited, the question of Sora's whereabouts is brought up, and soon enough, Sora shows up, but it turns out she's been having troubles of her own.
The two groups reunite in a forest, where they begin wondering about Sora. At that moment, their digivices reveal her location, and they're on their way. When they're attacked by Flymon, Birdramon comes to the rescue. They then follow her to Sora, who tries to run away but is caught between Tai and Matt. She's been hiding herself from the group to have some time to herself. It turns out that she can't get her Crest of Love to glow, because of a sad memory which made her believe her life was loveless. The group settle for the night, and DemiDevimon attempts to attack Sora in her sleep, but Biyomon takes the blow. Then Myotismon, the Digimon that DemiDevimon was working for, appears to take out the kids himself. His attacks finish off the Digimon in seconds, and Biyomon tries to take him on but Sora refuses to let her go. It's then that Sora realizes her mother was trying to protect her. When Birdramon is struck with a powerful blow, Sora yells out her love for Biyomon, which allows her to digivolve further into Garudamon, who carries everyone to safety.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
| Bird Man|
| Special Move|
|Tentomon: "Garudamon is the Ultimate form of Birdramon. She commands the sky and protects the earth. Her attack is a flaming bird called Wing Blade."|
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
Palmon: "It's been so long since I've seen you. My, you've... shrunk!"
Koromon, Tsunomon and Motimon: "Don't rub it in!"
- —Palmon comments on her friends being in their In-Training forms.
Sora: "No it's not! You're wrong. Don't ever say that, Tai. It's not like me at all."
Tai: "But Sora, it is like you. You're always thinking of everyone else."
Sora: "No way, I don't care what happens to everyone else. The truth is you don't know the first thing about me. So back off!"
- —Sora yelling at Tai after he comments that her crest is perfect for her.
"That's it? I thought it was something serious, like they were gonna stop making those stuffed bean bag animals."
- —Tai obviously doesn't put too much credibility in what DemiDevimon had to say about Sora.
"Matt, help me out! I don't know what to do with her when she starts blubbering!"
- —Tai may be oblivious about girls, but at least he admits it.
"Birdramon! No! I love you!!"
- — Sora yells out her love for Birdramon, causing her crest to glow.
"I felt something, I guess it was your love shining through."
- —Tai commenting on Sora about her crest on how she cared for Biyomon.
- In the English dub, during the flashback that showed Tai's crest glowing (see below), Agumon says "Gather your courage", as in the original Japanese episode. However, in the dub of the episode that the flashback is referring to, Agumon said "I know you can do it".
- Myotismon mentions the Crests of Courage, Hope and Friendship in order of how they glowed. While he got the first three right, he forgot Knowledge when he mentioned Courage, Hope and Friendship.
- In the English dub, after hearing the names of the Crests from DemiDevimon, Sora tells the DigiDestined what they are, and they seem like they didn't know the names before. However the names of some of the crests have been mentioned in previous episodes, such as the Crest of Sincerity.
- As Tai, Matt and Izzy avoid Flymon's attack, the soles of Tai's shoes are completely white and the lightning symbols on the soles of Izzy's shoes are missing.
- When DemiDevimon talks to Sora about her crest, in a high-angle shot, Biyomon's right leg is gray where it should be pink.
- When the second half of the group catch up with Sora, Palmon's fingers are completely purple.
- When Sora is telling Biyomon not to fight Myotismon, Joe's shoes are shown to be completely red.
- When Birdramon is hit by Myotismon's Crimson Lightning attack, the red stripe on the sole of Sora's shoe is missing, and Birdramon has four toes instead of five.
- When Garudamon's Digimon Analyzer appears, if you look closely when the scene changes, you can briefly see the animation storyboard holding card for a split second.
- The scene when Biyomon was struck by a syringe was replaced by a shot of DemiDevimon flying.
- In the 2012 American DVD release, the name on Garudamon's Digimon Analyzer is left in Japanese. The 2016 UK DVD release features the name in English, though it appears to have been a rushed edit as the name is slightly blurry and pixilated.
- A flashback is shown from the previous episode The Earthquake of Metalgreymon, when Tai's Crest of Courage glows.
- In the English dub, Tai said that he thought Sora was upset about something more serious, "like they were going to stop making those stuffed bean bag animals," referring to the hugely popular TY Beanie Baby.
- Garudamon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- In the original series, this is the last episode to feature the ending theme I Wish, which is replaced by Keep On.
- This is the only English dubbed episode of the series to show DemiDevimon's Demi Dart attack, as it is essential to the plot of the episode. In all other episodes, the attack was edited out as it closely resembled a syringe.
- In the English dub, DemiDevimon says he hates bats, despite being based on one.
- Despite appearing as a silhouette in previous episodes, this is Myotismon's first proper appearance, where his identity is revealed.
- The original episode says that Sora's mother is a teacher of Ikebana, the Japanese art of flower arranging.
- In the original episode, at the end of the episode when the kids are commenting about feeling Sora's love, Mimi asks Joe if he would like some of her love, handing him a handful of acorns. This is something that alludes to Peter Pan as when talking about a "kiss" Wendy gives Peter a thimble instead and he gives her an acorn, creating their own expression of love.
- The English dub title is the first to feature the name of a DigiDestined, the only other being Joe's Battle.
- In the Finnish version of the series, this was the last episode to be dubbed by infamous dubbing company Agapio Racing Team, before being taken over by Tuotantotalo Werne.