Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| "Spirit Needle" |
(Ōzora no Kishi Akuiramon)
"Knight of the Skies, Aquilamon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) September 24, 2000|
(En:) December 9, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Hiro Masaki|
(En:) Craig Doyle, Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Atsutoshi Umezawa|
| Chief Anim.|
The group begins to wonder whether Ken would be a valuable asset to them, and Ken soon gets a chance to prove himself when a rogue Digimon threatens to destroy a dam and flood a whole town.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
"I guess someone hasn't had their coffee this morning."
- —Davis, on Cody's silence during their discussion about Ken.
Ken: "So what brings you all the way out here? Did you come to remind me that I've been a bad boy?"
Davis: "Come on, Ken, you've done some evil things, but you're not a bad person."
Ken: "I'm not?"
Davis: "No. The person who designed the school's lunch menu, now that's an evil person! (laughs) That was a joke, Ken."
Ken: "Sorry, I haven't been in a laughing mood lately."
- —Davis attempts to bond with Ken.
Patamon: "Hey, T.K., do you think Davis is right about Ken? Should we forgive him for what he's done?"
T.K.: "I think everyone deserves a second chance, Patamon, even Ken. I believe that he's sorry for what he's done, and it's time we forgive him and let bygones by bygones. I hope he forgives himself."
- —The more experienced T.K. considers giving Ken another chance.
"Sorry, but I've already had my bath today."
- —Raidramon does not want to get caught in the flash flood.
Davis: "He's climbing up the dam again! Doesn't he know when to stop?"
Yolei: "I don't think so."
Kari: "Well, he has a rock for a brain. He can't be that bright."
- —The DigiDestined discuss their situation with Golemon.
Palmon: "About Golemon...he's not what you think! He's not even a real Digimon! I know I sound crazy, but you have to believe me on this one!"
Mimi: "What are you talking about?"
Palmon: "I was walking through the woods when I saw something, so I went to check it out. That's when I saw this strange woman! She was casting a spell on a Control Spire! There was all this bright light, and I couldn't see! And then the Control Spire became Golemon!"
T.K.: "Hey guys, I just thought of something! Thundermon must have been one of those Control Spires, too! I bet Ken probably figured that out during the last battle."
Davis: "That must be why he ordered Stingmon to destroy him! He knew it wasn't a real Digimon!"
Cody: "That's why Golemon attacked the damn! He's a Control Spire under a dark spell!"
- —Palmon's information about the control spire made the DigiDestineds (sans Davis) realize that they were wrong about Ken destroying Thundermon.
"(thinking to herself) I was wrong. Ken has changed. I always assumed that he was just as ruthless as before, but now he's trying to save the Digital World. (aloud) I'm sorry, Ken, I was wrong."
- —Yolei's apology allows Hawkmon to digivolve to his Champion form.
- When Pegasusmon and Nefertimon are slammed against the wall of the dam (a shot that doesn't feature in the English dub, see below), part Pegasusmon's left wing and ears are cut off.
- In a shot of Kari after Nefertimon's Rosetta Stone attack plugs the dam, part of her nose where it should be shaded in is the same color as her skin.
- When Davis is giving his argument to Cody, his nose is miscolored as Kari's was previously.
- When Stingmon is pushed backwards by Golemon, his thighs are green instead of black.
- In the English dub, the stats that are displayed during Aquilamon's analysis are those of Tyrannomon, most likely from the episode A New Digitude (though most viewers would not notice this, as the stats are all in Japanese).
- A shot of Pegasusmon and Nefertimon being slammed against the wall of the dam is removed from the English dub.
- In the Latin American / Spanish, Finnish and French dubs, Golemon is named "Rockmon".
- This episode shows clips from the previous episode, including that of Stingmon destroying Thundermon.
- Yolei announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.