| "Storm of Friendship" |
(Aoi Inazuma Raidoramon)
"Blue Lightning, Lighdramon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) June 11, 2000|
(En:) October 7, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Genki Yoshimura|
(En:) Steve Rollman, Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Hiroki Shibata|
| Chief Anim.|
Davis becomes emotionally torn from the group as he struggles with the idea of fighting a friend, though he will soon come to realise the true meaning of friendship.
Ken continues to set up and patrol the Digital World with his army of Digimon. Meanwhile, while riding on a railway track, Cody gets an email from Izzy notifying the group that Ken has been spotted with the kidnapped MetalGreymon. Matt asks Tentomon to go find Gabumon in preparation for the fight against the Digimon Emperor. Davis is shocked to hear that they have to fight MetalGreymon and a little doubtful that they'll be able to defeat him. This sparks an argument between him and T.K., who remains hopeful. Davis lunges at T.K. and when Kari and Yolei try to break them up, Tai reminds them that one of the reason him and Matt are such good friends is because they fought all the time when they were younger.
After a while of travelling, Cody's D-3 starts beeping and they notice the Crest of Friendship carved into a cliff face nearby. They soon find a Digi-Egg with the same symbol on it. Matt is the first to try and lift it, but he has no luck. He is followed by Cody, Tai, T.K., Kari and Yolei but no one is able to lift it. Finally, after being somewhat forced, Davis tries, though clearly not as hard as the others, and it yields the same result. Suddenly, a terrible screeching noise fills the air and it turns out to be from the bug Digimon Flymon, who immediately attacks the group, injuring Patamon. Veemon quickly armor digivolves to Flamedramon and counters back. Hawkmon follows suit but neither can finish him off because of the ear-piercing noise. While everyone is busy covering their ears, the wounded Patamon is kidnapped. As everyone chases after the Flymon, Ken appears on MetalGreymon and attempts to put a Dark Spiral on the kidnapped Digimon. Just as he is about to succeed, Garurumon appears and saves Patamon, returning him to T.K. Davis seems surprised by T.K.'s willingness to help his partner and when Flamedramon asks if Davis would do the same thing, he is unsure.
Armadillomon and Gatomon armor digivolve into Digmon and Nefertimon to help Garurumon try and destroy the Dark Spiral on MetalGreymon, though Davis is still too scared to fight, in fear of hurting Tai's partner. Flamedramon then reverts to Veemon, claiming that Davis doesn't understand true friendship. When Veemon is put in danger and Davis does nothing to help, the others scold him about his lack of friendship. He has an epiphany and the Digi-Egg of Friendship appears in front of him. Veemon uses this new Digi-Egg to digivolve into Raidramon. Everyone is surpirsed, including Ken, who has MetalGreymon attack. Raidramon counters with Blue Thunder at the Dark Spiral, but it doesn't break. With some encouragement from the group, Davis rides on Raidramon and the two continue on the offensive. Garurumon uses his Howling Blaster, distracting MetalGreymon long enough for Raidramon to use his Thunder Blast, which is powerful enough to shatter the Dark Spiral from MetalGreymon's arm. Tai is thrilled to be reunited with the now normal Agumon and Ken flees on an Airdramon. After the group returns to the real world, Izzy sends Tentomon to spy on Ken. Davis is happy to now be in possession of two Digi-Eggs and Matt gives him a noogie, saying that he's officially part of the team now.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
"All aboard! I just love riding trains! Where's the dining car?"
- —Tentomon has over-high expectations for a cobbled-together traincart.
Cody: "Apparently, Ken and MetalGreymon have been seen south of here."
Matt: "We're on the right track."
Tentomon: "Well, technically, Matt, we're on the only track."
- —Tentomon cracks another joke.
Davis: "Any bright ideas under that fancy hat?"
T.K.: "At least I’m trying, Goggle Head! And don’t make fun of my hat!"
- —Davis and T.K. exchange headgear insults.
Tai: "When Matt and I were younger, we fought a lot too. But if we hadn't fought all those times we probably never would've become such good friends. So just let them fight it out of their systems."
Yolei: "Leave it to boys to think they have to fight to become friends."
Cody: "Well, I think the best way to make friends is over a good game of checkers."
- —Yolei and Cody have doubts about Tai's friendship advice.
Yolei: "Who could’ve carved that?"
T.K.: "Someone with a really big chisel?"
- —Yolei seems to be the only one questioning where all the strange landmarks are coming from.
"You see in physics there’s this little thing called equilibrium. When you have two libriums that weigh the same they’re equilibrium!"
- —Davis needs a lesson in physics and good excuses.
Davis: "Hold it, Flamedramon! You might accidentally miss and hit Patamon."
Flamedramon: "I'm such a hothead. Sorry."
- —Flamedramon doesn't realize Ken might use Patamon as a shield.
Davis: "I have to hand it to T.K. He really risked himself to save Patamon. What a friend."
Flamedramon: "Would you try to protect me if I was in danger, Davis?"
Davis: "Huh? Um... maybe."
Flamedramon: "'Maybe'? 'Maybe'?! What about 'definitely'?!"
- —Davis's hesitation doesn't make Flamedramon very happy.
Tai: "I’m sorry we attacked you Agumon"
Agumon: "I’m sorry too!"
Tai: "I'm sorry that you're sorry!"
Agumon: "Well, I’m sorry that you're sorry that I'm sorry!"
Tai: "Tell you what, I won't be sorry anymore, and you don't be sorry either, okay?"
- —Tai and Agumon tearfully take apologizing to a whole new level.
- In the first full shot of MetalGreymon, a section of his robotic arm is red instead of gray.
- When Davis and T.K. are arguing, the line on Yolei's vest is missing.
- When Davis is reluctant to grab the new digi-egg, one shot shows his gloves in a darker shade of yellow.
- When the Digimon Emperor reveals the Dark Spiral he'll use on Patamon, his right arm is the same color as his skin.
- In a couple of shots of the Digimon Emperor and Patamon, the white section on the Emperor's right sleeve is missing.
- When the Digimon Emperor gives orders to MetalGreymon, the white section on the left side of his torso is missing and the cuff on his right arm is black instead of gray.
- When MetalGreymon avoids Digmon's Gold Rush attack, the section of skin under his robotic chest is gray.
- When the Digimon Emperor looks at Raidramon, the white section on the left of the Emperor's torso is missing.
- When the Digimon Emperor loses his balance after MetalGreymon avoids Garurumon's "Howling Blaster" attack, the white sections on the sides of his torso are missing, although reappear for a brief moment, and his right arm is completely blue.
- In the last shot of the group in the computer room, Kari's belt is missing.
- Matt and Tai say that they used to fight all the time, but that because of it they've become good friends. This references several episodes in Digimon Adventure, including "Subzero Ice Punch!", and "The Ultimate Clash".
- When Izzy asks Tentomon to spy on the Digimon Emperor, Tentomon replies with "The name's Mon. Tentomon", a reference to the famous James Bond movie quote.
- Raidramon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.