To be added
- Hybrid-R (Rookie): This is a Rookie-class Hybrid level. In the TCG, it is known as Rookie only.
- Hybrid-H (Human): This is a Champion-class Hybrid level
- Hybrid-B (Beast): This is an Ultimate-class Hybrid level.
- Hybrid-A (Advanced): This is a Mega-class Hybrid level. Also known as Hybrid "Fusion Form" (融合形態).
- Hybrid-Z (Zeta): This is a Mega-class Hybrid level, even stronger than Hybrid-A. Also known as Hybrid "Transcend Form" (超越形態).
- Hybrid-U (Ultimate): This is a Super-Ultimate-class Hybrid level. In the TCG, it is known as Mega only.
The Rookie level is the lowest Digivolutionary level that can deal meaningful damage during a battle. Digimon Digivolve to the Rookie level as children; depending on their battle experience, they may progress to the Champion level as adults or remain Rookies throughout their lives. They may also dedigivolve to Rookie if they cannot sustain the energy needed for higher levels.
Armor level. This level is a special Digivolutionary level, that first appeared in the Digimon Adventure 02 series, in which it can be reached by using a Digi-egg on a Digimon. The power of most of these Digimon are equal to a Champion level Digimon, although some are as strong as Ultimates or even Megas.
Ultimate (完全体 Perfect) level
I, personally believe the message this article is trying to convey is bogged down by using too much information concerning instances where gender has been mentioned. It can be broken down into two parts, one being an outright and brief explanation between physical gender and gender personality, and where gender personality exists among Digimon, and another concerning instances of secondary sex traits and genderlessness. This needs to get done, and think of the younger readers need to grasp the real message upfront. 22.214.171.124 04:06, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- ...as far as I can decipher your comment, the article does that. Please, give an actual example of what should be changed?Now activating Project: SPIDERS EVERYWHERE 06:54, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
I was watching the neweest series and something is bothering me about this gender thing. This article says Digimon cannot sexually reproduce, but in the 7th episode of the series was revealed that Cutemon has parents. How is it possible if they cannot sexually reproduce? And I'm pretty sure Gomamon once asked Joe what are parents. Shadow Abyss 18:27, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
- They could be its foster parents, or Xros Wars could have a different setup. However, in past seasons which were more or less linked, Digimon explicitly did not have gender.126.96.36.199 20:29, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
I personally think it can be up to the viewer to decide whether they think Digimon have gender or not. Though this is on a fan-based idea, not an official one.--Aang13 (talk) 13:06, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
What about "Free" attribute? There only four written.
I do believe its Ultra after Mega, not Super Ultimate. Atleast that's how i've always known it. And i have always heard that their was a level above that but i don't believe so, their would be very few if any at that level.
- Super Ultimate is what's canon, not Ultra.Now activating Project: SPIDERS EVERYWHERE 03:47, January 30, 2011 (UTC)
By destroying a Digimon and absorbing their data, a Digimon can increase their power and/or size, gain the attacks of the destroyed Digimon, or become a entirely new Digimon
The ability to absorb the data of a fallen Digimon is first demonstrated in Digimon Tamers. Rika had Renamon destroy and absorb the data of many Digimon in the hopes that the increase in power would cause her to digivolve. Beelzemon destroyed countless Digimon to increase his power in his pursute to become the strongest. In his Battle with Megidramon, Beelzemon destroyed Makuramon and Leomon and absorbed their data. As a result, Beelzemon gained Makuramon and Leomon's attacks and a increase in power.
In Digimon Fusion, The Bagra Army Zone Commanders MadLeomon, AncientVolcamon, and IceDevimon along with elite soldiers MachineDramon and WaruMonzaemon used this ability. By destroying their own comrades and absorbing their data, they were able to become a new Digimon altogether.
In Digimon Fusion, Phelsemon planned in absorbing all kids in Taiki's school by turning them into data,expect for Taiki and Tagiru who we're not present at the time (Tagiru was late,Taiki was in different class and was later not present), Dragomon attempted to destroy Plesiomon and absorb her data, in order to become the most powerful Digimon in the Ocean. In one episode later, KnightChessmon (White) used 1 persons obsession of cards to absorb him and turn black and later become RookChessmon (Black).However this might not be data absorbtion but rather absorbing negative energy.
In addition to Xros Wars, should we mention the Deep Ones in the Cthulhu episode? If they're Digimon, or at least entities inhabiting bodies physically identical to Digimon, the fact that they think they can mate with Kari would be relevant.Now activating Project: SPIDERS EVERYWHERE 18:59, April 24, 2014 (UTC)
Rescue whatever can be cited.Now activating Project: SPIDERS EVERYWHERE 14:17, July 7, 2014 (UTC)DigiTama (デジタマ Dejitama) are the source of all Digimon. (Dub: DigiEgg) DigiTama is a portmanteau of the words "Digital" and "Tamago" (卵), egg in Japanese, hence it is literally translated as "DigiEgg"
All Digimon are born from DigiTama. They come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors. They typically hatch into Baby I Digimon, but will sometimes hatch directly into a higher form, even an Adult Digimon like Numemon. It is possible for a single Digitama to produce twins. They can be produced in one of three ways:
- Random data 'roaming' the Digital World may coalesce into a DigiTama.
- After the death of a Digimon, its data will reincarate into a Digitama, usually in the deceased Digimon's lowest form.
- After the death of a Jogressed Digimon, instead of reincarnating into two DigiTama, sometimes the two Digimon will be reborn as a single combined DigiTama with the potential to grow stronger than their previous forms.
I don't understand how the ns template can be considered any more burdensome as a coding format than the default code was when it's already used in Level for Armor Digimon and no one complained about that. It seems rather arbitrary to use the default code here for Categories when the ns template is used for them elsewhere. Chimera-gui (talk) 17:47, January 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Each usage is three characters longer for the exact same result. There's just really no point to it, in my view.Now activating Project: SPIDERS EVERYWHERE 20:28, January 16, 2015 (UTC)
Second row in the center here, it specifically says something similar to "Digimon don't reproduce because they do not have gender." This only applies to null canon, obviously, since Xros Wars explicitly refutes it, but it would go a LONG way toward shortcircuiting a lot of the waffling and potential for debate we have on this page.
I'll try to translate eventually if I can find/create a transcription.