| The Beginning of the End! |
""Chase Kurata—The Operation of Digimon Extermination Begins!""
|Airdate|| (Ja:) October 15, 2006|
(En:) April 21, 2008
With DATS HQ destroyed and the Data Squad too late to prevent his destruction of the building, Kurata begins the next phase of his real motive. Intending to follow him as his next course of action takes place in the Digital World, the Data Squad uses an old digital gate owned by the Criers; during the journey, three new team players under Kurata join the fray and introduce themselves.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
Thomas: "Who's he?" Yoshi: "And what's he doing here?" Kouki: "Well, I guess it's time to add another page to my autobiography. Next Chapter: "The time I crashed the Digital Gate"." Marcus: "Who are you!?"
- —All very good questions.
Nanami: "As always, Kouki beat us to all the fun again! He's so bad!"
Marcus: "Is this some sort of party I don't know about?"
Ivan: "Hey, there's that other girl: a really cute one named Yoshi. I wonder if she'd go out with me. Probably not... But of course I wouldn't say that out loud."
Nanami: "I told you before: everyone can hear you!"
- —We can hear you too, Ivan.
Marcus: "My fist! It's the DNA Charge!" Thomas: "But he's human! Not digimon!" Kouki: "Human? Don't lump me in with you losers! Know what I am? I'm the Boogeyman!" Nanami: "We're sort of human, but we can turn into something else too." Ivan: "We grow up to be big and strong" Bio-Hybrid Trio: "Bio-Hybrid DNA: Charge! Bio-Hybrid Digivolve to..." Kouki: "BioThunderbirdmon!" Nanami: "BioQuetzalmon!" Ivan: "BioStegomon!"
- —The Bio-Hybrids show their hidden power.
MachGaogamon: "There's not a single scratch on any of them!" BioThunderbirdmon: "You're just Digimon! We've got the power of both Humans and Digimon!" BioStegomon: "You're nothing compared to us!" BioQuetzalmon: "You should surrender while you still can!"
BioThunderbirdmon: "Kurata didn't mention you. Who are you?" Sampson: "All you need to know is what I look like walking away."
- —Wow, the Commander's got some sass!
- When Commander Sampson digivolved Kudamon he shouted DNA: Charge! even though he was using a Full Charge, and Kudamon digivolved to ultimate. Also, Kudamon used Warp Digivolution, but he only said "Kudamon digivolve to..."
- Starting from this episode onwards throughout all of his appearances, Kouki's lip ring in the original version is digitally removed in the English version.