| "The Eighth Child Revealed" |
(Unmei no Kizuna! Teirumon)
"The Bond of Destiny! Tailmon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) October 31, 1999|
(En:) February 5, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Genki Yoshimura|
(En:) Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Takenori Kawada|
| Chief Anim.|
Whilst observing Kari from a distance, Gatomon has time to reminisce about her own past, and, thanks to a close friend, realises why she cannot bring herself to attack Kari.
SynopsisGatomon is still struggling to approach Kari, and wonders why this could be. She thinks about the past, remembering how badly Myotismon first treated her. At that moment, Wizardmon, a good servant and friend to Gatomon, appears, to remind her of a time when she helped him in the desert, a memory she seems to have forgotten. He then suggests that the reason she struggles to attack Kari is because she is her Digimon, making her the eighth chosen Digimon. At that moment, Kari appears on the nearby balcony, and Wizardmon takes this chance to bring the two together. He then gives Kari her Digivice, confirming her status as the eighth child. When Tai sees them all outside, his first reaction is to attack, but he realizes his mistake when Gatomon saves Kari from Agumon's Pepper Breath (not meant for Kari of course). Later, Wizardmon and Gatomon set off to pick up Kari's Crest in Myotismon's hideout, and soon run into him. Myotismon realizes the situation, and throws Wizardmon in the nearby river, taking Gatomon as bait to draw out the eighth child.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
No Digimon are analysed in this episode.
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
"You still haven't found it? Oh, great! It's only the future of the world depending on you!"
- —Joe can't believe that Tai hasn't located his address book.
"My whole life, I just keep waiting and searching, but... I never find her."
- —Gatomon gave her new friend Wizardmon an important clue in the past that would aid them in the future.
"I was waiting for the DigiDestined human I belonged with. That's you, Kari! You're the eighth DigiDestined!"
- —Gatomon announces the identity of the eighth child to Kari, Tai, and Agumon.
"How can I betray you when I was never on your side to begin with?"
- —Wizardmon's reason for why he's not a traitor.
"Hey, why don't you pick on somebody one-tenth your size?!"
- —Gatomon trying to prove that size doesn't matter.
- The English dub makes the mistake of calling the Crest in Myotismon's coffin a fake, when it is actually the real one. This would explain how Wizardmon ends up with the real Crest later on. Signs of this error include Wizardmon pocketing the alleged "fake Crest", and Myotismon destroying the alleged "real Crest". In the Japanese version, Myotismon simply questions the two on what they planned to do with the Crest after they betrayed him.
- When Salamon is shown walking during one of Gatomon's flashbacks, The lower part of her body appears to be missing.
- When Gatomon is slammed against the wall by Agumon's Pepper Breath (this does not feature in the English dub, see below), part of her right inner ear where it should be white turns purple for a brief moment.
- When Kari looks down at Gatomon after Agumon attacked her, the two ends of her scarf are missing.
- In a shot of Tai and Gatomon after MetalGreymon's Digivolution sequence, the yellow stripes on Tai's shirt are missing.
- The following moments from the original episode are cut out of the English dub:
- Part of Gatomon's flashback which shows her being struck by Myotismon's Crimson Lighting.
- Gatomon being slammed against a wall after being hit by Agumon's Pepper Breath attack.
- Myotismon striking Gatomon in the present (made to look like Gatomon was struck by lightning).
- Wizardmon struggling to stay above water after being thrown into the river by Myotismon's bats.
- The bottle that Wizardmon labels as taco sauce in the English dub was originally alcohol (implied by him telling DemiDevimon that he's drunk).
- The original episode ends where Kari is worried about Gatomon. In the english dub, this scene is moved to after MetalGreymon degenerates to Agumon, and the episode ends where Myotismon escapes with Gatomon in order to end the episode with a cliffhanger. Originally Myotismon escaped with Gatomon after MetalGreymon degenerates to Agumon.
- In the Japanese version, the battle from Gatomon Comes Calling is briefly referenced as the reason why MetalGreymon reverted back to Agumon so quickly, since Agumon's body was still exhausted from that battle.
- Gatomon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- This is the only episode in which Gatomon removes her gloves.
- Kari's identity as the eighth DigiDestined is fully confirmed in this episode, though some obvious hints were given in previous episodes.
- Gatomon uses a telescope which looks very similar to Tai's telescope.