| "The Good, The Bad, and The Digi" |
(Dejimon Bokujō no Kettō)
"Duel on the Digimon Meadow"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) June 18, 2000|
(En:) October 14, 2000
|Written by|| (Ja:) Yoshio Urasawa|
(En:) Michael Sorich, Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Takahiro Imamura|
| Chief Anim.|
Biyomon is badly injured after an overwhelming attack, so Sora and the other DigiDestined set out to rescue her, finding themselves in an "Old West" ghost town.
Receiving a distress call from Biyomon, Sora and the others (minus T.K and Kari) go there. They enter a town just like the old west. They go into the Saloon where Starmon shows them his dark ring. He then throws them in prison. Thankfully, Deputymon sees them in prison and frees only the girls for a game of cards because "boys cheat." When Starmon realizes the girls are freed, he and Deputymon have a duel. This allows Davis and Cody to escape form the prison. Starmon beats Deputymon but Flamedramon defeats Starmon. Afterwards they play a nice game of........Go Fish!
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
"Well, I knew that behind that tin star was just a gutless, low-life lackey of the Emperor with jelly for a spine!"
- —Veemon, nothing gets past him.
"Vee-Headbutt!! [WHAM] I guess I used too much "Vee" and not enough "Headbutt"..."
- —Veemon tries to excuse the fact that he can't break through a stone wall.
Starmon: "What?! They're gone!"
Davis: (deadpan) "Deputymon freed the girls; says that boys cheat at cards."
Cody: (deadpan) "I imagine they're enjoying some delicious snacks right about now."
Starmon: "THAT'S IT! I'M GONNA LET THAT POPGUN HAVE IT WITH BOTH BARRELS!"
- —Starmon loses his temper with all the dignity of a cat in a box.
- When the Airdramon are seen from the front, their lower jaws are colored white instead of blue.
- When the group look after the sandstorm clears, Veemon's eye has a purple tone.
- When the group are on their knees in the jail, the white tips at the end of Yolei's shoes are missing.
- In a close-up shot of Starmon with a hammer, part of his right glove is colored gray instead of purple (this shot does not appear in the English dub—see below).
- In same shot that Deputymon tells Starmon to use his best shot, Starmon fully disappears.
- In the original episode, Starmon plans on excecuting Biyomon by hanging her, and is even shown building a hangman's noose. This is all cut out of the English dub, though the platform can be seen for a brief moment when Starmon crashes into it to reveal a control spire.
- A shot of Starmon in the bar spitting out a long stream of milk before revealing his dark ring is removed from the English dub.
- During the flashback that shows Biyomon getting captured by Starmon, a close-up of Starmon placing his foot on Biyomon's head is removed from the English dub.
- A moment when Deputymon uses his Justice Bullet against Starmon is taken out of the English dub, as it closely resembles the use of a firearm.
- In the Latin American dub, Deputymon is called "Depthmon".
- In the Latin American dub, when Sora and Hawkmon tell Deputymon to remove his gloves and shirt, they do so at the same time while in the original version they do so one after another. And when Davis tells him to remove his underwear in the original, this is changed to shirt.
- The English dub title is a reference to the classic western film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
- When Kari asks Gatomon if she's "ready to go", Gatomon replies with the popular quote "Rome wasn't built in a day", originally coined by John Heywood in the 16th century.
- Deputymon's English dub voice is an imitation of the famous movie star John Wayne.
- The bar that fills up above Starmon after he hears of Deputymon is based on life bars that are commonly seen in fighting games.
- Sora and Biyomon announce the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- This is the first time in the series that T.K. and Kari do not travel to the digital world with the rest of the group.
- This episode was later aired as part of Fox Kids' "The Good, The Bad, and The Digi" Digithon marathon, out of order to the other episodes in the series.