| "The Insect Master's Trap" |
(Bagu Tsukai no Wana!!)
"The Insect Master's Trap!!"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) October 15, 2000|
(En:) February 3, 2001
|Written by|| (Ja:) Hiro Masaki|
(En:) Craig Doyle, Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Takenori Kawada|
| Chief Anim.|
The DigiDestined travel to Giga House, where they find themselves on the run from a horde of Insect Digimon, under the command of the mysterious woman who's already caused them so much grief.
Arukenimon sets a plan for the DigiDestined. She tells them to go to Giga House, a huge house that make them look like ants. They are attacked by a swarm of Insectoid Digimon. There are many more.Cody discovers a room where Arukenimon is playing a flute. Then all of the sudden Stingmon and Digmon (who are Insect type Digimon) turn on them because of the flute’s tune. Digmon cracks the floor and they land in a Dokugumon’s web!
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
|Ankylomon: "Kunemon—these Larva Digimon have a shocking attack—the Electric Thread. They're small, but pack quite a wallop."|
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
"Whoever destroys the most control spires gets to go on a date with me! By the way, Kari's the only one eligible!"
- —Davis motivates the group in his own, ineffective way.
"I'm telling you, just when we think we've got this whole digivolution thing figured out, something new pops up. But this is the craziest thing we've seen yet."
- —Kari, reflecting on her experience with digivolving.
Ken: "I gotta get home. My parents must be worried sick about me. They probably think I've disappeared again. Hurry up, Wormmon. It's getting dark, and I don't want to be a digi-delicacy for some forest creature."
Wormmon: "W-w-wait for me!"
Ken: "It's amazing how fast you can move when you have the right motivation."
- —Ken and Wormmon, after having lost track of time.
Davis: "It reminds me of this book called Gulliver's Travels. It's about this kid who sells an old cow for some magic beans and ends up fighting this giant."
Cody: "Nuh-uh! That's Jack and the Beanstalk, silly!"
- —Davis mistakes the plot of a fairytale with that of a classic novel.
"Ken, please tell me that's a Digimon friend of yours we've never met before and not a big ravenous spider!"
- —Davis, Ken, and Cody find themselves in a sticky situation.
- In the English dub, when the group are escaping the Flymon, Yolei asks Aquilamon who they are, despite having battled one in an earlier episode, Storm Of Friendship.
- In the English dub, Davis calls Arukenimon by name multiple times, despite the fact that they do not find out who she is until the next episode.
- In the English dub, Submarimon amends his previous catchphrase, "the Guardian of the Sea", to "the Reliable Guardian of the Sea."
- Nefertimon refers to her "Cat's Eye Beam" attack as "Queen's Paw".
- Following the original airing, all shots of the Digimon destroying control spires are removed from the English dub except ExVeemon.
- Two shots are removed from the English dub showing ExVeemon being drilled in the stomach and groin by Digmon whilst held by Stingmon.
- When fighting the Roachmon, Cody points out that they are not being controlled. However, he mentions black gears, which were featured in the previous series, Digimon Adventure (and last seen in the episode Departure for a New Continent). Cody mentions the black gears only in the English dub.
- After entering Giga House, Davis compares it to Gulliver's Travels, though what he actually describes is the story of Jack and the Beanstalk, which Cody is quick to point out.
- Davis announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- A box on the shelf of the computer room that was previously labeled "Yukio", now reads "Yukiko".
- In the English dub, when the DigiDestined write on the computer room chalkboard, their writing, which would normally be given in English, instead remains in Japanese.
- In the English dub of this episode, the Roachmon are referred to by their Japanese name, "Gokimon", unlike the earlier episode Family Picnic.
- This episode is one of the very few to be named similarly to the original title.