| "The Last Temptation of the DigiDestined" |
(Saigo no Āmā Shinka)
"The Last Armor Evolution"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) March 18, 2001|
(En:) May 19, 2001
|Written by|| (Ja:) Atsushi Maekawa|
(En:) Alan Smith
|Directed by||(Ja:) Atsutoshi Umezawa|
| Chief Anim.|
The DigiDestined fall victim to MaloMyotismon's illusions, though Davis, free from any insecurities, guides them out, and they soon learn to harness the true power of the alternate dimension.
At long last, the final enemy appeared. A horrible fear overwhelms the children and freezes them in their tracks. Only Davis confronts MaloMyotismon without total fear. Davis's courage continues to fight through this hopeless situation. His courage gives some of the Digimon power and they are finally able to damage MaloMyotismon. But, MaloMyotismon fires a strange attack at them and they are captured in light. The DigiDestined find themselves within their own minds, thoughts and dreams. Wandering in a world of illusions that reflect reality. Will they throw away their courage to fight? A miracle has not been seen yet. Davis's heart is becoming desperate. This is the final and last battle! All our chances lie on a few chosen children...
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
|Stingmon||6||Wormmon||18||Stingmon||23||Paildramon||(25)||Imperialdramon Dragon Mode||(26)||Imperialdramon Fighter Mode|
|ExVeemon||23||Paildramon||25||Imperialdramon Dragon Mode||26||Imperialdramon Fighter Mode|
Davis: "Hey handsome, looks like your trick didn't work—we're back!"
MaloMyotismon: "But how!? No child is without fears—how could my illusion not effect you?"
Davis: "Aside from a guy with a letter-opener on his face trying to kill me, I'm happy to say I've got nothing to worry about."
- —Surprisingly, it seems like Davis has inner peace.
T.K.: "But how did ExVeemon split into his three seperate Digivolutions?"
Davis: "I don't know. MaloMyotismon was making my blood boil. All I did was wish he could be stronger!"
T.K.: "That's crazy—even for this crazy place!"
Ken: "Maybe it's not; what if this place has the power the make wishes come true?"
- —The Digidestined find their trump card to fight back.
- In Ken's illusion, several shots of the Digimon Emperor being struck by the Digimon's attacks are removed from the English dub.
- The original version features three insert songs for evolutions, the first being Break Up!, followed by Beat Hit, and finally the series opening theme Target ~Akai Shougeki~.
- In the English dub, after digivolving, Pegasusmon says "Galloping Hope" instead of "Flying Hope".
- In the English dub, Yolei mistakenly comments on her "brothers", rather than on her "brother".
- The English dub title for this episode is a variation on the 1988 Martin Scorsese film The Last Temptation of Christ.
- Veemon, Hawkmon, Armadillomon, Patamon and Gatomon announce the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- The DigiDestined's illusions reflect the things that they wish for:
- T.K. wishes that his whole family were together again.
- Kari wishes for a world of peace where humans and Digimon live in harmony.
- Yolei wishes she was an only child, so she could get all the attention.
- Cody wishes his father were alive so he could show him the Digital World.
- Ken wishes he could find absolution for the death of his brother, and for his evil deeds as the Digimon Emperor.
- Davis only wishes that MaloMyotismon could be defeated—this wish comes true.
- During Gatomon's Digivolution sequence, she says "digivolve to" before "Armor Digivolve to" but Nefertimon announces her name before Angewomon does.
- This episode features every digivolution introduced in the series, excluding Magnamon, Seraphymon [sic], and Magnadramon.
- When voicing Imperialdramon, Paul St. Peter and Derek Stephen Prince will sometimes speak together as one voice, and at other times speak individually.
- MagnaAngemon is the only Digimon to not attack MaloMyotismon with the others.
Notes and references