Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| "Ultimate Anti-Hero" |
(Ankoku Kyūkyokutai BlackWarGreymon)
"The Dark Ultimate, BlackWarGreymon"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) October 29, 2000|
(En:) February 10, 2001
|Written by|| (Ja:) Yoshio Urasawa|
(En:) Rebecca Forstadt, Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Takahiro Imamura|
| Chief Anim.|
After a humiliating defeat, Arukenimon is about to turn the tables on the DigiDestined. Meanwhile, Cody's doubts about Ken manage to isolate Ken further from the group.
Arekunimon is furious after her previous defeat by the DigiDestined.With Mummymon assisting her, they use 100 control spires they decide to create the ultimate Digimon. Cody and Ken can’t seem to get along so Ken leaves, knowing he isn’t wanted by everyone. Arukenimon finds an area to create her Digimon and creates BlackWarGreymon! While Davis, Yolei and Cody runs towards the hill/mountain that BlackWarGreymon was created, Cody tells Davis and Yolei his bad feeling to this whole event and was concerned about T.K. and Kari flying too fast. Unfortunately, he was right. A wind that formed when BlackWarGreymon blew Pegasusmon and Nefertimon, along with T.K. and Kari, away from the hill and crash-landed. After stating who he was, they fainted. The others had no choice but contact Ken and ask for help, in which Ken, refuses because of not wanting to break the atmosphere of the team. Yolei had to slap him for Ken to wake up and realise they needed him, but even with Paildramon there, the DigiDestined didn't stand a chance against BlackWarGreymon. He easily defeats the DigiDestined before he abandons his loyalty to Arukenimon.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonists, and italicized characters appear only as a voice or silhouette.)
Note: English dub appearances differ from original. See dubbing changes.
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
|(w/ Stingmon)||+ Leafmon|
|(w/ ExVeemon)||+ Chibomon|
Veemon: "I know when something's wrong, and something's wrong. Now what's wrong?"
Davis: "Stop asking me what's wrong!"
Yolei: "Huh? Hey, Davis, what's wrong?"
- —The DigiDestined show off their lack of originality.
Mummymon: "(singing) Ninety-nine control spires on the side of the road, ninety-nine control spires. You knock one down-"
Arukenimon: "Oh, be quiet!"
- —Mummymon's idea of a road song does not go over well with his traveling companion.
"We're gone ten minutes, and you cause a mutiny?"
- —T.K., after Davis and Yolei's plan to force Ken and Cody to get along backfires.
"Wow, talk about meeting head-to-head! We're gonna need an asprin the size of a control spire after this fight!"
- —Paildramon takes on his newest foe, BlackWarGreymon.
Arukenimon: "You have done an outstanding job, BlackWarGreymon. You may now proceed to destroy the Digital World."
Mummymon: "Don't just stand there patting yourself on the back. Your master has given you new orders. Now get to work!"
BlackWarGreymon: "I will take orders from no one."
- —BlackWarGreymon rebels seconds after defeating the DigiDestined.
- When Digmon uses his Rock Crackin' attack, his lower arms are yellow underneath where they should be black (this same error appears throughout the series, due to repeated use of the exact shot).
- In a shot of Yolei, Davis and their Digimon after Digmon and Stingmon destroy a control spire, the yellow 'V' on Veemon's forehead appears to be missing.
- In a close-up shot of Yolei choking at Davis' words, her glove is missing.
- In a close-up shot of Kari choking at Davis' words, her glove is the same color as her skin.
- When Ankylomon is being lifted up by BlackWarGreymon, some of his osteoderms are colored gray instead of golden.
- A scene with Digmon near the beginning of the episode is removed from the English dub.
- At the beginning of the original episode, Arukenimon grabs Mummymon and throws him into their car when he ruins her concentration. This scene was removed from the English dub.
- Various shots of control spires collapsing are cut from later airings of the English dub, due to 9/11 concerns.
- When Arukenimon throws Mummymon into a control spire, the moment he makes contact with the spire is censored with a white flash in the English dub.
- In the original, after Davis's comment makes Yolei, T.K., Kari, Veemon, Hawkmon, Patamon, and Gatomon choke on their tea, they start coughing soon afterwards. In the dub, it is changed to laughter.
- In the original version, before BlackWarGreymon roars, he can be heard groaning.
- When BlackWarGreymon strikes Aquilamon, a white flash censors the moment of impact in the English dub.
- Near the end of the original episode, when Mummymon catches the passed out Arukenimon, a moment when she punches him in the stomach is removed from the English dub.
- This episode shows clips from the previous episode, when Arukenimon thinks back to her latest defeat by the DigiDestined.
- This episode shows a clip from the episode Spirit Needle, featuring Arukenimon creating Golemon from a control spire.
- This episode shows a clip from the episode United We Stand, featuring Arukenimon using several control spires to create Okuwamon.
- BlackWarGreymon announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- In the original version, BlackWarGreymon refers to himself using "私" (Watashi?), the basic Japanese pronoun for referring to one's self, implying femininity or neuter. However, in later episodes, he refers to himself by "俺" (Ore?), a more informal pronoun used to establish a sense of masculinity, or to indicate one's status (where the speaker is of a higher status).