| "United We Stand" |
(Joguresu Shinka! Ima, Kokoro o Hitotsu ni)
"Jogress Evolution! Now, Two Hearts Become One"
| (Ja:) Fuji Television|
(En:) Saban Entertainment
|Airdate|| (Ja:) October 1, 2000|
(En:) February 3, 2001
|Written by|| (Ja:) Genki Yoshimura|
(En:) Terri Lei-O'Malley, Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz
|Directed by||(Ja:) Hiroyuki Kakudou|
| Chief Anim.|
The Digimon Emperor's legacy proves to remain strong, as Ken's former base becomes highly unstable, threatening the entire Digital World, and only Ken has the means to stop it.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image.)
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
Ken: "Wormmon, looking at these [control spires] makes me sick to my stomach."
Wormmon: "Oh, great. Stick your head between your knees and take a deep breath. This whole thing is my fault."
Ken: "Aw! How many times do I have to tell you? It's not your fault. There are people you can talk to about this stuff."
Wormmon: "Then why didn't you talk to them before becoming the Digimon Emperor? It had to be easier than building control spires."
- —Wormmon raises an excellent point.
Cody: "It seems sturdy enough."
Davis: "Of course it is! What do you mean by that, anyway? Don't you think I know what I'm doing?"
T.K.: "You said it."
Yolei: "Yeah, even if it is what we were all thinking."
- —Davis' skills are brought into question as the DigiDestined finish fixing the bridge.
"You two would make good scratching posts."
- —Gatomon, annoyed by Davis and Flamedramon arguing.
T.K.: "Taking a swim?"
Davis: "Very funny, T.P.! A little help here!"
- —T.K. mocking Davis after he's tossed into the river.
"Well, I'm just not comfortable around him. It's hard for people to really change. I think it's too risky."
- —Cody continues to mistrust Ken.
"And another one bites the dust."
- —Stingmon, taking out a control spire.
Izzy: "My theory is that a major power source is about to meltdown. If you guys don't shut it down, and I mean fast, it'll explode."
Davis: "What do you mean, 'explode?!'"
Izzy: "I mean explode! You know, boom!"
- —The DigiDestined face a crisis at Ken's old base.
Wormmon: "Hello, Ichijouji residence. I'm sorry, Ken's busy right now. Would you please hang up and try your call again later?"
Izzy: "Are you... the operator?"
Wormmon: "No, I'm the Digimon. May I help you?"
Izzy: "You must be Wormmon! You seem bright enough to me."
Wormmon: "Thank you... I think. What have you heard about me?"
Izzy: "Oh, never mind! This is an emergency! I need to speak to Ken right away!"
- —Izzy and Wormmon engage in a typical phone conversation for the DigiDestined.
"Well, now I've seen it all!"
- —For someone with as much experience as Kari has in the Digital World, that is saying something.
ExVeemon and Stingmon: "DNA digivolve to..."
- —ExVeemon and Stingmon are able to DNA digivolve for the first time, thanks to Davis and Ken bonding.
- In both the Brazilian and Chinese dubs of this episode, Yolei mistakes Ken's Crest of Kindness for another. In the Brazilian dub, she mistakes it for the Crest of Friendship, and in the Chinese dub, she mistakes it for the Crest of Love.
- In the English dub, Ken refers to the mysterious woman by her name, Arukenimon, which isn't actually revealed until "Arukenimon's Tangled Web".
- In a slide-up shot of Paildramon near the end of the episode, the sides of his abdomen are colored white instead of blue.
- When Izzy is shown in the computer room, a box on a nearby shelf reads "Yukio". This could be foreshadowing the appearance of Yukio Oikawa, later in the series.
- This episode uses a clip from the episode The Darkness Before Dawn, featuring Davis and Veemon encountering the Digi-Egg of Miracles.
- The episode title comes from the popular phrase, "United we stand, divided we fall".
- In the English dub, after destroying a Control Spire, Stingmon says, "And another one bites the dust"; this is a reference to Another One Bites The Dust, a song by Queen.
- In the Japanese version, this episode introduces new opening and ending videos.
- Davis and Ken announce the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- This episode introduces DNA digivolution to the series. In the Japanese version, this type of digivolution is accompanied by the insert song, Beat Hit.
- This is the first episode to show Wormmon's full evolution sequence to Stingmon.
- In the Finnish version of the series, this is the last episode to be dubbed in Finnish, and later episodes are simply shown in Japanese with Finnish subtitles.